Aloo Gobi Fry Recipe | Indian Main Course Recipes : Aloo gobi is a North-Indian dish. It is basically a potato based recipe. Potato itself known as the king of the vegetables. We can add any vegetable to the potato like aalu beans, aalu palak , aalu methi, aalu tamatar, aalu matar and many more. Today we are going to make aloo gohi fry. Delicious in taste and healthy as well. Before preparing this, we should know some facts about aalu gohi. Aalu (potato) contains vitamin and minerals and is also known as starchy vegetable. However, the lady finger is toh most starchy vegetable as according to science. The word potato comes from a spanish word (patata). Gobi (cauliflower) is a wild cabbage and has large amount of benefits. It also has cancer fighting properties and also strengthens the immune system. Many people use florets for cooking but its stem and leaves are edible too. While preparing food for family always try to include nutritious vegetable in your diet.Aloo Gobi fry Recipe Video
Prep time: 20 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4-5
INGREDIENTS FOR Aloo Gobi Fry :
- Cauliflower – 1 medium
- Potatoes – 3-4(room temperature)
- Tomatoes – 2
- Onions – 2
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 Tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
- Green Chili – 2 finely chopped
- Asofoetida – a pinch
- Red Chili Powder – 1 Tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 Tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Salt – To Taste
- Fenugreek leaves – To Taste
HOW TO MAKE Aloo Gobi Fry ?
QUICK STEPS :
- Take 3-4 Potatoes, peeled and cubed, take 1 cauliflower, wash it and take out florets.
- Deep fry potatoes and cauliflower florets until it appears golden in color.
- Keep it aside on tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil to the pan and heat it.
- Add Cumin seeds (1 tsp), Asafoetida (pinch), Ginger Garlic paste (1 tsp), 2 chopped Onions, 2 finely chopped green chili and 2 chopped tomatoes.
- Simmer it until onion appears golden brown in color .
- Now add Red Chili Powder ( 1 tsp) , Salt (to taste) , Coriander Powder (2 tsp) , Garam masala ( 1/2 tsp ) , Turmeric Powder ( 1/2 tsp ) and Fenugreek leaves.
- Add water and Mix it well.
- Add fried potatoes and cauliflower florets to it.
- Mix it well and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapatis and salad.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Step 1 : First of all take washed 3-4 Potatoes. Peel them and cut into small dices.
And now separate the cauliflower into florets and wash them too. Add oil to the pan in large amount so that we can deep fry potatoes and cauliflower in it and heat it. After that, deep fry potato until it appears golden in color. Potatoes are golden now. Keep it aside on tissue paper to remove excess oil and do the same with Cauliflower florets. You can ignore this step if you don’t like too much oil or else use tissue paper it will help in removing large amount of oil.
Step 2 : Now it is time to add spices. Firstly, add 1 Tbsp oil to the pan and heat it. Now add 1 Tsp Cumin seeds, pinch of Asofoetida and allow them to sizzle. Now add 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic paste. Add 2 chopped Onions to it and simmer it until it golden brown. Add 2 finely chopped green chili and 2 finely chopped Tomatoes to the pan and stir it frequently.
Step 3 : Reduce the flame and add 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder , 1 Tsp Salt , 2 Tsp Coriander Powder , 1/2 Tsp Garam masala , 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder and rub Fenugreek leaves on hand and add it to the pan. Mix it well. You can add water if you want gravy as I want dry aalu gobhi so I am not going to add much water.
Step 4 : Now add fried potatoes and cauliflower florets to it and mix it well and simmer it till vegetables are totally tender. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Ready to eat : Serve hot with Chapatti , Parantha or Rice , Daal and Raita.