Double ka meetha is also popular as shahi tukda, rasbhari bread & bread ka meetha. It is very easy and quick sweet recipe, which can be made with four basic ingredients : bread slices, sugar syrup, dry fruits and clarified butter. It is one of the most delicious sweet of Mughlai cuisine. Crispy triangle-bread slices, dipped in sugar syrup with dry fruits topping, will surely make your mouth watery and greedy. You can also check the other sweet recipes. So let’s start to make this mouthwatering sweet recipe, Double ka Meetha.
Double ka Meetha Sweet Recipe Video
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serve: 4
INGREDIENTS FOr double ka meetha
- Sugar Syrup
- Bread Slices
- Clarified butter/Desi ghee
- Melon seeds
- Kewra essence
- Chopped Cashews & Almonds
HOW TO MAKE double ka meetha
quick steps :
- Cut each bread slice diagonally into four pieces. Do not remove the edges of bread, as they will become more crispy after roast.
- Take a pan/wok. Add 2 table spoon of clarified butter/desi ghee/oil to it. Heat it.
- When desi ghee/oil is ready, turn the flame of gas to medium and roast bread slices till they become crispy and appears light golden brown in color from both sides.
- When done, take them out on the tissue paper to remove excess oil/clarified butter.
- Now add sugar syrup to pan and heat it at medium flame. You can use leftover sugar syrup of gulab jamun and rasgulla or you can prepare sugar syrup by yourself. To Prepare Sugar syrup : Add water and sugar in the pan. Heat it for 5-6 minutes and stir it occasionally. Make 1 string consistency syrup. You can check brief steps, if you are new and don’t know how to check the consistency of syrup.
- When sugar syrup is ready, dip the triangle-shape-pieces of bread in it. Turn of the gas and leave it for few minutes.
- Add 1 tsp of keewra essence to it as it will give a nice aroma to it. Mix well.
- Garnish rasbhari bread or double ka meetha with dry fruits and serve hot or cool.
- You can store double ka meetha upto 3-4 days.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Preparation : Take slices of bread. Cut each slice of bread diagonally into four small triangles without removing bread edges. You can give any shape as per your choice. Keep them aside until needed. Take dry fruits like almonds and cashew. Chop each single cashew or almond into 2 – 3 pieces. You can use raw or can roast them as per your preferences.
Deep Fry the Slices of bread : Take a wok/pan. Add clarified butter/desi ghee to it. You can also use refined oil in place of desi ghee, but I prefer desi ghee. Now turn on the gas and set the gas flame to medium. Add bread triangles to it. Deep fry the slices till they appears golden brown in color from the both sides. Place the kitchen napkins or tissue paper on the plate and take out roasted bread slices on it to remove the excess clarified butter/oil.
Prepare Sugar syrup/Chasni : Take a wok/pan. Add sugar and water to it. Let the sugar immersed in water completely. Now turn on the gas and set the flame of gas to medium. Heat it for five to six minutes. Stir it occasionally until sugar dissolves. (The quantity of sugar is depend upon the quantity of bread slices. so keep in mind that we have to dip the bread slices into sugar.) Do not over stir it as it will affect the consistency of syrup. When sugar syrup will become sticky, check the string consistency of syrup. Dip the spoon in the sugar syrup, take it out and move the finger to it. If 1 long thick thread (tar) formed up, Sugar syrup is ready. If thread formed and breaks off immediately, then boil it more for few minutes and check again. You can also add cardamom powder to sugar syrup as it will give a nice aroma to it.
Ready Steady Eat: When sugar syrup is ready, turn off the gas. Add roasted bread slices to sugar syrup and dip them for 3 – 4 minutes. Add 1 tea spoon of kewra essence to it for delectable taste and pleasant aroma. Mix it well and garnish them with chopped dry fruits. Enjoy this delectable sweet, double ka meetha hot or cool.
Leave a Reply