Anti Cancer Food contains anti oxidant compounds. Now the question arises, how to know which diet will help to reduce the risk of cancer. In this article, we will describe about the diets which can help in reducing the risk. But before that, let us briefly understand the reason behind this life-threatening disease.
Our body is made up of cells and each cell has a life cycle of approximately 120 days. After completing this cycle, they die and this whole process is known as apoptosis. Then our body replace these cells with healthy ones. This is the sign that we are living healthy. If something goes wrong, then cycle gets interrupted. If a person suffering from cancer, cells in his/her body would not die. They keep on multiplying by division, making 2 cancer cells, then 4, 8, 16, 32 and so on. That’s why chemotherapy is given to cancer patients, as these conventional treatments cause the death of cancer cells and healthy cells indiscriminately.
Doctors have also said that ellagic acid can also help in preventing cancer. We should avoid acidic food as cancer cells thrive in an acidic and low oxygen environment. So, it is better to eat food which has more antioxidant compounds in it.
TOP 14 Anti Cancer FoodS that reduces the Cancer
- Raspberries – Raspberries are good source of Vitamin K and very low in saturated fat. Raspberries contains antioxidants like uercetin and gallic acid that plays a vital role against So try to include a cup of red raspberries in your diet everyday or just take a gram of raspberry seed powder, twice a day.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is a great source of Vitamin K, Vitamin B1, omega-3 fatty acids and helps to lower the risk of various cancer, which mainly includes lungs and colon cancer. Broccoli also contains folate. Folate is also a vitamin which helps in decreasing the risk of Breast cancer in women. Broccoli is an ideal food to include in the diet. But it would be even more better if you will include steamed broccolis as it prevents constipation and lower blood pressure and cholesterol level too.
- Withania somnifera – Withania somnifera is popularly known as Ashwagandha (“the smell of the horse”). It is originated in India and root and berry are used to make medicine. It is used for numerous purposes like for improving thinking ability, treating wounds, to cope with daily stress, tumors, menstrual problems, insomnia, lower blood pressure and many more. It is an Ayurvedic and anti-cancer herb which helps you in alkalinize your body and boosts your supply of antioxidants. As cancer cannot survive in an Oxygenated Alkaline Environment, it is very important to eat something that is rich in alkaline. And ashwagandha is the perfect food that you can eat to prevent cancer.
- Garlic – Garlic belongs to the Onion family and well-known for its health benefits. It also has anti-cancer properties and has been found to lower risk of virtually all cancer types except cancer of the prostate and breast cancer. It has antioxidants properties in it and also prevent certain tumors from growing larger. Doctors say “a clove a day is the key to good health.” So add garlic to your diet(try to have it raw) and make your immune system stronger against cancer, ulcers etc.
- Walnuts – Walnuts are rich in Vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids. It contains anti-inflammatory nutrientsthat plays a vital role in support of bone health and pose the greatest threat for cancer development , especially prostate cancer and breast cancer. It also helps to prevent diabetes, heart disease, induces sleep, reduce weight etc. You can add walnuts in salads, vegetable dish, fruits and even in desert also. An hypertension patient can consume 1/2 cup of walnuts per day as long as kidneys are healthy. Do not remove the walnut skin as it is the phenol-rich portion.
- Aloe Vera – Do we need to introduce aloe Vera? The incredible aloe Vera has uncountable benefits and in numerous categories, from shiny hair to glowing skin, being a mouthwash to reducing weight, sunburn to skin disease, heals external wounds to insect bites, building immunity to lowering the risk of cancer and many more. Aloe gel halts the growth of cancer tumors and colon cancer, heals the intestines and lubricates the digestive A person, whether suffering from any disease or not should eat aloe Vera.
- Beans – Beans belongs to the family of Fabacae. Beans are major source of magnesium, potassium, folate(vitamin) and fiber. Beans helps in lower the risk of colon cancer, prostate and breast cancer. So, don’t forget to add this in your diet.
- Pomegranates – Pomengranates are one of the healthiest fruits on the earth. They include a variety of beneficial plant compounds. It has been researched that pomengranate extract can reduce the cancer cell reproduction and even cause apoptosis(death of cells) in cancer cells. They have high levels of antioxidants known as flavonoids. These flavonoids are powerful in counteracting various cancer radicals. People with high risk of prostate cancer (specially men) and breast cancer(specially women) must commence drinking the pomengranate juice.
- Turmeric – Turmeric is also known as curcuma longa, also referred as “Queen of spices” is a very common herb. It is bountiful with many healthy nutrients such as protein, niacin, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, potassium, and zinc. It contains compounds with medicinal properties. According to research, the active components in turmeric place it as one of the best protectors against radiation-induced tumors. Its main component curcumin is a worthwhile herb in cancer treatment. It can decrease the growth of cancerous cells and can contribute to the death of the same.
- Green Tea – Green tea is an outstanding weapon against cancer. It is an outstanding source of powerful antioxidants which may lower the risk of various types of cancer. It has been studied in the laboratories that green tea has a positive impact on bladder, skin, breast, prostate and stomach cancer. The polyphenols in tea have been proven to decline tumor growth. Studies also say that despite of excessive smoking a person can lower the chances of Lung cancer by consuming green tea. So hot or cold, start your morning with green tea.
- Tomatoes – It is a rich source of vitamin A and vitamin C , full of antioxidants and beneficial nutrients. By far the best-researched type of cancer in relation to tomato intake is prostate cancer in men. It’s crucial nutrient that has received distinctive focus is alpha-tomatine which is a saponin phytonutrient and its shown the capacity to modify metabolic activity in developing prostate cancer cells. So enjoy your tomatoes in salads, sandwiches, and they are a great addition to bean and vegetable soups.
- Whole Grain – Wholegrain are a plentiful source of many essential vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber. Consuming it as a part of your daily diet lowers the risk of large number of chronic diseases .It reduces the risk of colorectal cancer. A diet which is huge in fiber from whole grains, is an important protection against breast cancer.
- Dandelion Root – Dandelion can be considered as a type of weed but it has been used since ancient times for its healthful properties. Dandelion is one such plant, to have antioxidant activity and hepatoprotactive While many people think of the dandelion as a nettlesome weed, it is a cluster full of Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C and Vitamin D and minerals. Its capacity to affray cancer is not a claim made lightly, but dandelion hints to show an assurance. Since its leaves are bloated in antioxidants and phytonutrients that battle cancer, it may slow cancer’s growth and prevents it from spreading.
- Peanut Butter-Peanuts are rich in nutrients like minerals, fiber, protein antioxidants and have wealth of health benefits. Thus, the nutrients it contain have anti-cancer effects making it a cancer preventive food. Hence, eating peanuts and peanut butter may lower the risk of colon cancer in women. To help preclude colon cancer , try to avoid pickled food. Start your morning with a waffle full of peanut butter. As it has been said “Man cannot live on bread alone ;he must have peanut butter.”
Leave a Reply