Dahi Ke Aloo | Dahiwale Aalu Recipe | Veg Curry : Today we are going to learn how to make Dahi Ke Aloo. It is basically a North-Indian dish. You can make it in very short time. It is a very quick and easy recipe. You can have it in lunch or dinner.So let’s start with this simple yet tasty recipe – Dahi Ke Aloo step by step.
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10-15 mins | Serve: 4-5
Ingredients for Dahi Ke Aloo
- Potato – 3-4
- Yogurt – 1 bowl
- Salt – (to taste)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1-2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – ½ tsp
- Green Chili – 2
- Coriander Leaves
How to make Dahi Ke Aloo
QUICK STEPS :
- Take 3-4 potatoes and rinse them.
- Boil potatoes till they get completely cooked and peel them.
- Crumble the potatoes with hand when they get enough cool to touch.
- Chop green chilies and coriander leaves finely and keep aside.
- Take a bowl of yogurt and whisk till smooth in another bowl.
- Pour 1 cup of water into it and again whisk.
- Now add spices – ½ teaspoon of coriander powder, ½ teaspoon of red chili powder and 1/3 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- We will add salt at last as there are chances that salt can turn the curd sour.
- Batter for Dahi k Aalu is ready.
- Now take a pan and turn on the flame.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to it and let it heat.
- When done, add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds and ½ teaspoon of asafetida.
- Allow them to sizzle.
- Now add 1/3 teaspoon of red chili powder for color. Do not add much as we have already add it earlier.
- Now immediately pour the batter into the pan carefully and mix well.
- Stir continuously for 10-15 minutes.
- Now add crumbled potatoes to the gravy and mix well.
- Simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add finely chopped green chilies.
- When gravy thickens, add finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of salt (or to taste) to it and mix well.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Our simple yet tasty Dahi K Aalu is ready.