Sabudana Namkeen Recipe | Navratri Namkeen Mixture: Sabudana namkeen can be made in various ways but today we are going to make dry fruit Sabudana Namkeen Recipe. I am sure you will love to make a jar full of homemade namkeen for your little hunger cramp, especially in fast. Each and everything is easily available in market today, but when it comes to fast this home made sabudana namkeen is the best option for you. It can be made easily at home and you can also variate the recipe by adding potatoes. You can also learn how to make other vrat recipes like aloo ki kheer, sabudana kheer, french fries and many more.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves : 4
INGREDIENTS FOR Sabudana Namkeen Recipe
- Sabudana/Sago (big granules) – 50G
- Lotus Seeds (Makhana)
- Dry fruit (cashew & almonds)**
- Chopped coconut**
- Cumin Seed Powder
- Homemade Garam Masala
- Halite / Rock Salt**
**There are no measurements of ingredients. The ingredients or toppings can be increased or decreased as per your preferences.
HOW TO MAKE vrat wala sabudana namkeen
quick steps :
- Add sabudana / Sago in the bowl and pour 1 – 2 spoons of water on it.
- Add oil in pan and heat it.
- Set the flame of gas to medium.
- Roast the peanuts till it turns golden brown in color.
- When done, take out peanuts and roast lotus seeds (Makhane) till it turns light golden brown in color.
- Take out Makhane and fry dry fruit : chopped coconuts, almonds and cashew for 1-2 minutes or till they turns light golden in color.
- Take them out. Add damped sago / sabudana in pan and roast it till its size increases to double.
- Keep all the roasted ingredients aside and let them cool.
- Take a big bowl or plate, add all roasted ingredients in it. Mix them thoroughly.
- Add rock salt as per taste (for fast / vrat), 1/2 small spoon of garam masala and 1/2 small of cumin seed powder in the roasted ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Vrat wala Sabudana Namkeen is ready. You cab enjoy this tasty-healthy namkeen with a cup of tea and store upto 10 days in air-tight container.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Preparation : For fast / vrat recipes always use homemade garam masala. Learn how to make garam masala in home from this link. Roast half spoon of cumin seeds and make powder of roasted seeds. Sprinkle 1 – 2 spoons of water on sabudana big pearls and leave them for 5 – 10 minutes ( Before Roast). So that Sago pearls becomes little soft.
Ready Steady Eat: Take a big bowl and put all the roasted ingredients in it. Now add half spoon of rock salt, half spoon of cumin seeds powder and half spoon of garam masala powder in it. The ingredients or toppings can be increased or decreased as per your preferences and taste. Mix it well. The navratri vrat wala sabudana namkeen is ready to eat. You can have it with a cup of tea. Store it in an air tight container, when it cools down. You can consume it upto 9-10 days.