Til Sooji Barfi Recipe – Sesame Semolina Fudge– Today we are going to teach you how to make ‘Til Suji ki Barfi’. This traditional sweet or Indian fudge is very popular and is specially made during festival Makar Sakranti. It is very easy and quick to make.So let’s start with the Til Sooji Barfi Recipe.
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Freezing time: 2 – 3 hours
INGREDIENTS FOR Til Sooji Barfi Recipe
- Sesame Seeds – 150 gm
- Semolina (Suji) – 100 gm
- Sugar – 200gm
- Clarified Butter – 150 gm
HOW TO MAKE Til Sooji Barfi Recipe
quick steps :
- Take a pan and roast the sesame seeds(til) on medium flame.
- Roast it till it turns light golden in color and aromatic.
- Keep it aside when roasted.
- Now heat the clarified butter(ghee) in a pan.
- To check if the ghee is hot enough or not? Add a pinch of semolina(suji) in it, if it pops-out, desi ghee is ready.
- Now add whole semolina to ghee and keep stirring
- Stir it continuously to make sure that semolina(suji) roast evenly.
- When done, put the roasted semolina(suji) in a bowl.
- Grease a tray.
- For sugar syrup/Chashni –
- Take a pan and add sugar to it.
- Add water to the pan and let the sugar immersed in water completely.
- Turn on the gas.
- Now keep stirring it on medium flame.
- Make 3-string syrup.
- Now add roasted sesame seeds and roasted semolina(suji) to the sugar syrup/chashni.
- Turn on the flame to low and stir the mixture steadily and continuously.
- Add 2 tbsp desi ghee to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Turn off the gas and immediately pour the mixture into the greased tray.
- Spread evenly.
- Cover it and keep it aside to let it cool.
- Cut into desired shape.
- Serve and enjoy.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Preparation : Grease a tray with desi ghee or use a parchment paper. Sieve semolina (suji) two times. Grate the dried coconut, if you want to add it.
Roasting : Now take a pan and turn on the gas to medium flame. Put white sesame seeds into the pan. Roast the sesame seeds. Keep stirring it so that it roast evenly and does not burn in bottom of the pan. It will take 3-4 minutes. When the seeds are fully toasted, they will turn golden in color and become fragrant. Roasted seeds should be much nuttier in taste as comparison to raw seeds. When done, transfer the roasted seeds in a bowl and keep it aside. Now roast semolina but with clarified butter (desi ghee). For that, take a pan and turn on the gas to medium flame. Add 4 tbsp clarified butter(desi ghee) to it and heat it. When heated, add semolina(Suji) to it. Keep stirring it with spatula and make sure there are no dry lumps of semolina(Suji). Do not let it brown. Roast it till it turns golden in color and becomes aromatic. When done, turn off the gas and transfer the roasted semolina to bowl.
Prepare Sugar-syrup/Chashni : Take a pan and turn on the gas. Set the flame to low and put sugar in it. Add water to it and let the sugar immersed in water completely. Now let the water and sugar boil. Stir it occasionally until sugar dissolves and . When it started boiling, do not over stir it as it will affect the consistency of syrup. At 1st stage, sugar gets a shine. At second stage, it will become sticky and little thick. You can check stickiness of sugar with ladle or with your forefingers.
When your syrup reached to the stage of stickiness, be alert because half-string consistency can take take place anytime. To check the string consistency of syrup, dip the spatula in the syrup and lift it out, now touch the syrup with forefinger and slide it with your thumb, a wire type thread (tar)will appear and if it cuts off immediately, this stage is known as half-string syrup. Similarly, while testing the consistency of syrup, if 1 long thick string (tar) formed up, it will be known as one string syrup. If 3 strings forms up, it will be known as 3 string syrup and that is the correct stage to add the ingredients in it. Now immediately add roasted sesame seeds(til) and roasted semolina (suji) to it. Mix it thoroughly and steadily on medium flame. Now add 2 tbsp desi ghee to the mixture and mix it well. Turn off the flame and pour the mixture in to the greased tray. Spread it evenly and keep it aside and covered up to 2-3 hours until it gets cool down completely.Now cut into desired shape with the help of knife.
Ready Steady Eat: Our Til Sooji ki Barfi is ready. Serve and enjoy. Store it in an air tight container. You can consume it up to 10-15 days.
Leave a Reply