Besan ke ladoo Recipe also known as Magad ke Ladoo. Besan Laddu is an all-time favorite Indian sweet which is prepared with gram flour (besan) and semolina(optional) which roasted in desi ghee and after cooling adding Karara / Bura / Crushed Sugar and Cashew & Almonds to the mixture. Most of festivals and occasions are incomplete without this sweet dish. It is perfect, easy and traditional sweet dish to make in bulk and to enjoy the sweetness daily.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Quantity: 10-15
INGREDIENTS FOR Besan ke ladoo
- Gram Flour or Besan : 250 Gram
- Sugar Powder or Karara : 250 Gram
- Desi Ghee : 125 Gram
- Semolina or Sooji : 50 Gram
- Cashew and Almonds
how to make besan ke ladoo?
- Heat Desi ghee or clarified butter in wok or kadhai.
- To check the ghee is hot enough or not? Add a pinch of semolina or Sooji in it, if it pops-out, desi ghee is ready.
- Now set the flame of gas to low-medium, add gram flour or besan and semolina or sooji in it.
- Mix and roast for approximately 8 – 10 minutes till a nice aroma is given out. If it is look dry you can also add little more desi ghee in it.
- After ten minutes the color of this mixture of semolina, gram flour and desi ghee should be changed to light brown. Turn off the gas and leave the mixture to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cut or crushed the dry fruit. Cut each and every cashew into 5 – 6 pieces and the almonds in half (for more explanation check out the video).
- When done, Add powdered sugar or karara or boora in mixture(cool) and mix well.
- Add cashews in the mixture and mix them. You can also add cardamom powder at this stage.
- Now make ladoos from the mixture, ensuring one piece of cashew is there in each ball. Take mixture in your open hand (amount depends upon the size of your ladoo, small or big) Shape into tight, roll in your palm, keep it pressed a little longer to make surface smooth and form a ball.
- Decorate the top of each ladoo with almond(half). You can also use pistachios in place of almond.
- Sweet delightful Besan ke ladoo can be store in air tight container upto 2 months.