Garam masala powder Recipe or Indian spice mix/blend is the most important ingredient when you are going to cook North Indian style vegetables or curries or pulao. Garam masala is one of the most important ingredient because its spice gives the spicy and delectable taste to cuisine. Especially Punjabi dishes like Rajma, Chole paneer, Chole bhature, Kadhayi paneer and many more are incomplete without garam masala. You can also buy packed garam masala but homemade garam masala has an absolutely last longer-wonderful aroma, whereas store-bought garam masala loses its aroma quickly. Generally garam masala can be make by two ways : first roast then grind and grind simply. I personally like to make it without roast. So today we are going to learn how to make garam masala with basic ingredients in simple way.
Garam Masala Powder Recipe Video
Prep time : 15 mins | Makes : 1 Bottle
INGREDIENTS FOR garam masala powder recipe
- 250 Gram Cumin Seeds
- 50 Gram Pepper(black)
- 2 tsp Dry Ginger Powder
- 50 Gram Black Cardamom
- 50 Gram Clove
HOW TO MAKE garam masala powder
WITH BASIC INGREDIENTS :
- Before making garam masala powder, remove dust or other unwanted particles from cloves, pepper, black cardamom and cumin seeds via spreading them on plate. After it keep them in sunlight for a day.
- Add 50 gram clove, 50 gram pepper, 50 gram black cardamom and 250 gram cumin seeds in the mixie jar.
- Mix or blend them with the help of mixer or blender until slightly corase. It gives a nice flavor than the very fine one.
- When done, add 2 tsp dry ginger powder in it and grind it again for 1- 2 minutes.
- Garam masala powder is ready. Store it in air tight container for preserve its taste and smell and can be used upto 6 – 8 months. You can increase the taste by adding half to one small spoon of garam masala to your everyday(curry, dal, vegetables etc.) cooking.
To make it rich in flavor :
BY ADDING MORE INGREDIENTS : You can also add 7-8 Bay Leaves(Tejpatta), 1 Nutmeg(jaiphal), 7-8 Cinnamon sticks(2 to 2.5 inch)(dalchini) and 150 Gram Coriander seeds(sabut dhania) to make garam masala rich in flavor. But do keep in mind, if you are using 150 gram of coriander seeds, you must have to decrease the amount of cumin seeds to 100 gram and no change in the quantity of other ingredients.
HOW TO USE NUTMEG & CINNAMON STICKS : If you are using nutmeg and cinnamon sticks grind them before adding other ingredients to jar, because they both are solid in nature and difficult to grind. After making fine powder of cinnamon sticks and nutmeg remove in a bowl and after grinding other ingredients mix the fine powder of cinnamon and nutmeg to other ingredients powder.
CORIANDER SEEDS ROAST : You can also dry roast coriander and cumin seeds till light golden brown or till nice aroma rises. Cool down completely and grind both of them with other ingredients. DO NOT roast other ingredients to maintain the quality and taste of garam masala. Roasting the coriander and cumin seeds, will make garam masala more aromatic.
Leave a Reply