Aam Panna recipe : Today I am going to share a delicious tangy Indian summer drink recipe i.e. Aam ka Panna with Pudhina. Aam panna is also known as Keri panna which is a boiled raw mango drink. There are different type of aam panna recipes but today we are going to make two different version of keri panna. One is the simple one and another is Masala aam paana. This refreshing summer beverage helps to prevent you from heat stroke and keeps your body cool. It is slightly sour and sweet in taste. Sweetness comes from the sugar or jaggery and sourness comes from the raw mango. However the amount of sugar depends on the sourness of mangoes. It is a must-summer-drink as it helps in preventing stomach problems, prevents from heat stroke and keeps the body cool in summers. You can also refrigerate this and drink whenever you want to. So let’s start with this Beverages which is an easy traditional summer drink.
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serve: 5-6
INGREDIENTS FOR Aam Panna Recipe
- 5 – 6 Raw Mangoes (Keri)
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- Roasted Cumin Seed Powder
- Peppermint (Pudhina) Powder
- Black Salt
- Water as required
HOW TO MAKE Aam panna recipe with pudhina
HOW TO CONCENTRATED AAM PANNA MIXTURE
When done, turn off the gas and cool down the pressure cooker completely at room temperature. After cooling, Open the lid of cooker and take out the cooked-raw mangoes in a big bowl with remaining water in pressure cooker. Now its time to mash the mangoes and separate the mango pulp and seed. Before doing it, touch the mango and if the mango is cool enough to mash, do it otherwise let the mangoes cool down. Now take out the pulp with the help of spoon or direct with your hands. For more explanation you can check aam panna recipe video.
When done, Add 1 1/2 cup sugar into it and blend it till the smooth paste. If mangoes are fibrous, you can also strained the concentrated mango pulp. Now you can use this paste or we can say the concentrated mango pulp to make instant aam panna for the next 6 – 7 days. Just Fill it in glass jar or bottle and keep it in refrigerator.
HOW TO PREPARE AAM PANNA OR RAW MANGO DRINK FOR SERVE
When the concentrated mango mixture is ready, you can serve aam panna in two different ways.
For the regular one : Take a glass. Fill half with mango mixture. Now fill it with chilled water and add few ice cubes or crushed ice to it. Cut the lemon into flat slice and decorate the glass of aam panna with the lemon slice and mint leaves. Aam Panna is ready. Now serve cold aam panna.
For the Masala Aam Panna : Take a glass. Fill half with mango mixture. Add 1/2 spoon of pudhina powder, 1/2 spoon of roasted cumin seed powder and 1 spoon of black salt to it. Add chilled water to it. Stir it well. Add Ice cubes or crushed ice to it and garnish it same as the regular one. Serve aam ka panna cold.
Drink it! Make it and share your valuable comments and experience with us.
QUICK STEPS :
- Peel the skin of raw mangoes with the help of knife.
- Take a pressure cooker and add a glass of water to it.
- Add peeled-raw-mangoes to pressure cooker and turn the gas to medium-high.
- Cook the mangoes till they become completely soft and pulpy. 3 – 4 whistles are enough if you are using the medium size cooker.
- When done, turn off the gas and cool down the pressure cooker completely. DO NOT open the lid of cooker.
- After cooling, take out the steamed mangoes with water to a big bowl.
- Take out the pulp of mangoes with the help of spoon or direct with your palms. Be careful as the mangoes (may be) hot.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of sugar to it and blend it to a smooth paste. You can increase and decrease quantity of sugar as desire.
- To prepare one glass of regular aam panna, fill half glass with aam panna paste. Add chilled water and ice cubes. Garnish it with mint leaves and Serve.
- To prepare one glass of masala aam panna recipe. Fill half glass with aam panna paste. Add 1/2 spoon of cumin seed powder, 1/2 spoon of pudhina powder and a spoon of black salt to it. Fill it with chilled water and add few ice cubes to it. Garnish it with mint leaves and serve.
- You can also store aam panna paste (without adding more water and spice) in an air tight jar or bottle upto a week in refrigerator.