Tamatar ki Chutney | Tomato Chutney Recipe : Hello folks, I am back again with a tangy and spicy recipe. Today we are going to make khatti-meethi tamatar ki chutney. I usually have it with pulao, but you can have it with any snack and with parathas in breakfasts. And trust me, it tastes superb.It is basically a marwari recipe. It is quick and easy to make .If you are looking for more chutney recipes then do check coriander chutney, tamarind chutney. So lets’s start with the Khatti-Meethi Tamatar ki Chutney recipe.
Prep time: 30 mins | Cook time : 30 mins | Serves : 4-5
INGREDIENTS FOR Khatti-Meethi Tamatar ki Chutney :
- Tomatoes – 3-4
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/3 tsp
- Black Salt – ½ tsp
- Black Salt – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
HOW TO MAKE Khatti-Meethi Tamatar ki Chutney
QUICK STEPS :
- Take 3-4 tomatoes and wash them. Now take a blender.
- Blend tomatoes till it gets smooth and make sure to avoid lumps.
- Strain the tomato puree through a metal strainer to remove the seeds.(Optional)
- Pour the tomato puree into the bowl.
- Cover and keep it aside.
- Take a sauce pan and put it on the gas stove.
- Turn on the flame and pour two tablespoon of oil in it.
- Add ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds and ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds.
- Now add a pinch of asafetida immediately and allow them to sizzle.
- Add 1/3 teaspoon of red chili powder and immediately pour the tomato puree into the pan.
- Mix it well and give a stir.
- Add 1teaspoon of white salt (or to taste), 1 teaspoon of coriander powder, ½ teaspoon of red chili powder, 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon black salt. Mix it thoroughly.
- Give stir occasionally.
- Cover the lid and cook on medium flame.
- When half cooked, add ½ teaspoon of garam masala.
- Cover the lid again and cook for 5-10 minutes on medium flame.
- When comes to a boil and there is no excess water remaining, add ½ bowl of sugar.
- Mix well and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Our Khatti-Meethi Tamatar ki Chutney is ready.