Makhane ki Kheer Recipe : Makhane also known as puffed lotus seeds. Puffed lotus seeds are rich in protein. Light puffed lotus seeds and milk together makes a perfect Indian dessert. It is quite easy to cook and taste yum. This is the perfect dessert even for fasting. You can also check the other sweet recipes. So let’s start with this delicious makhana kheer recipe. You can also check other easy kheer recipes for vrat.
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10-15 mins | Serve: 4-5
INGREDIENTS FOR Makhane ki Kheer Recipe
- Milk – ½ L
- Puffed Lotus Seeds – 2 bowls
- Saffron – 10-12 strands
- Clarified Butter – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – ½ bowl
- Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp
- Dried Coconut
HOW TO MAKE Makhane ki Kheer
QUICK STEPS :
- First of all, take dried coconut and grate them or crush them.
- Cut almonds, pistachios,walnuts and cashews into 4 pieces.
- If you are adding raisins, then soak them in warm water.
- Now take a thick bottomed pan and add 2 tablespoon of clarified butter to it.
- Turn on the flame and let the clarified butter melt.
- When heated, add puffed lotus seeds (makhane) into the pan.
- Turn the flame to medium and sauté them for 4-5 minutes.
- Sauté them till it turn light golden in color orbecome crisp.
- Stir often while sauté them.
- Now puffed lotus seeds (makhnae) has turned crunchy.
- Pour ½ liter milk into the pan carefully.
- Mix it well.
- When milk comes to a boil, turn the flame to medium. Stir occasionally.
- To enhance the taste of kheer, use full fat milk.
- When comes to a boil, give a stir. (Repeat the procedure 4-5 times)
- Add finely chopped dry fruits – almond cashews, pistachios, walnuts and grated dried coconut.
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder to enhance the flavor and for nice aroma.
- Stir in-between so that the milk does not burn from the bottom.
- Add 7-8 saffron strands.
- You can have it in fast also (vrat).
- When milk thickens, add sugar.
- Mix well and keep scraping the solid milk form the sides of pan.
- This process will take about 15 minutes. Cook till the puffed lotus seeds (makhane) softens and the milk thickens a bit.
- Our delicious Indian traditional “Makhane Ki Kheer” is ready.
- Garnish with some saffron and dry fruits.
- Serve warm and enjoy.