Easy Stuffed Tomato Recipe or Bharwan Tamatar Recipe is the combination of tomatoes with dry fruits. We will teach you how to make stuffed tomatoes(Bharwa tamatar) and we all know everyone loves stuffed vegetables. Stuffed Tomato is delicious in taste and healthy as well. It is a quick and easy to make recipe. I love this recipe and make it all of the time. So let’s start.
Prep time: 30 mins | Cook time: 15-20 mins | Serves : 6-7
INGREDIENTS FOR Stuffed tomato recipe
- Fresh Tomatoes – 1 kg
- Onion – 2
- Cottage Cheese – 1 cup
- Dried Whole Milk (Khoa) – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Finely chopped green chilli – 2
- Ginger – 2 inch
- Cashews – To Taste
- Red chili powder – 1 Tsp
- Salt – To Taste
- Coriander Powder – 2 Tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 3/4 Tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Tsp
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
HOW TO MAKE Stuffed Tomatoes
quick steps :
- Wash tomatoes.
- Cut the top and make hollow from inside and keep the pulp aside in a bowl.
- Take a pan and add oil to it.
- Add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and allow them to sizzle.
- Add onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add grated cottage cheese and grated whole dried milk (Khoa).
- Mix it well.
- Add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp red chili powder, 2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp garam masala to the pan.
- Add chopped cashews, 2 finely chopped green chili and grated ginger.
- Add tomato pulp.
- Mix it well.
- Simmer it for 7-8 minutes.
- Let the stuffing cool.
- Fill the tomatoes with stuffing one by one gently.
- Take a pan and add 2 tbsp oil to it and heat it.
- Add 1 tsp cumin seeds and allow them to sizzle.
- Add stuffed tomatoes to it and simmer it for 15-20 minutes on medium flame.
- Add leftover stuffing to pan and add milk to it.
- Mix it well.
- Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapatis.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Preparation : Take 1 kg fresh tomatoes and wash them. Wipe them dry. Now carefully hollow them form the center with the help of sharp knife and scoop out the inside pulp. Do not discard the pulp, keep the pulp in a bowl. Chop 2 onions and 2 green chilies finely. Grate cottage cheese and dried whole milk (Khoa) finely.
Prepare Stuff for Filling : Take a pan and add oil/clarified butter to it and heat it. Add 1 tsp of cumin seeds and allow them to sizzle. You can also add 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds (Saunf), 1/4 of asafoetida. Now add finely chopped onions to the pan and saute for 4-3 minutes. Add grated cottage cheese to the pan and mix it. Add grated dried whole milk (Khoa) and mix it. Add all the dried masala 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp red chili powder, 2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp garam masala. Now add chopped cashews, 2 finely chopped green chili and grated ginger. Mix it well and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add tomato pulp and mix it. Simmer it for 7-8 minutes. Stuffing is ready now, turn off the stove and take out the stuffing on the plate. And let it cool.
Fill The Stuff in Tomatoes : Now our pulp mixture/stuffing is ready. Fill the mixture/stuffing into hollowed tomatoes one by one gently. Cover it with cap of tomatoes. Keep it aside until required.
Cook the Stuffed Tomatoes : Take a pan and add 2 tbsp oil/clarified butter to it. Heat it and add 1 tsp of cumin seeds and allow them to sizzle. Add stuffed tomatoes to the pan and simmer it for 15-20 minutes on medium flame. Add leftover mixture to the pan and add finely chopped coriander leaves. Add 1 cup milk to the pan instead of adding water. You can also make stuffed tomatoes in microwave if you are health conscious. When it cooked from one side, toss it and cook it from another side. When it cooked from all the side take out the stuffed tomatoes from the pan. Turn off the flame.
Garnishing : Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves and you can also add 1 tsp of lemon juice if you want. Serve it with chapatis/naan.
Enjoy this Indian Classic Bharma dish – Bharma tamatar (stuffed tomatoes).
Leave a Reply