Rava Laddu – Suji Ladoo Recipe – Hello people! Guess what’s there in today’s menu. Today we are going to teach you how to make ‘Suji k Laddoo’ or ‘Rava Laddu’. It’s main ingredients are roasted rava, ghee, sugar and dry fruits. This laddu recipe is very popular and is specially made during Lord Ganesha festival (Ganesh Chathurti) and it is considered as Lord Ganesha’s favorite sweet. So let’s start with the Rava Laddu – Suji Ladoo Recipe.
Prep time: 15-20 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves : 6-7
INGREDIENTS FOR Rava Laddu – Suji Ladoo Recipe
- Clarified Butter (ghee) – 200-250 gm
- Semolina (Suji/rava) – 250 gm
- Crushed Sugar – 200 gm
- Crushed Cashews – 200 gm
- Crushed Almonds – 200 gm
- Mawa – 200 gm
HOW TO MAKE Suji ke laddoo
QUICK STEPS :
- Take a wok or kadhayi and take 250 gm clarified butter.
- Let the clarified butter melt.
- To check the ghee is hot enough or not? Add a pinch of semolina(suji) in it, if it pops-out, desi ghee is ready.
- When done, add 200gm semolina(suji) to the pan and stir it well.
- Stir it continuously to make sure that semolina(suji) roast evenly.
- Mix and roast for approximately 8 – 10 minutes till a nice aroma comes out.
- When semolina(suji) turns golden brown in color, add mawa/khoya to it.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- Now add dry fruits – 200 gm crushed cashews and 200 gm crushed almonds.
- Mix it well and roast it for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and transfer the mixture to the bowl.
- Now leave the mixture to cool, so that you can handle it.
- Add crushed sugar to it.
- Mix it well.
- Now roll the mixture to laddu.
- Pick up the mixture and roll them into lime-sized balls.
- Your Suji k Laddoo/ Rawa Ladu are ready. Enjoy.
- Store them in an air tight container.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Preparation : Take 200 gm almonds, 200 gm cashews and crush them or grind them roughly. Sieve 250 gm semolina(suji). Grate the dried coconut, if you are adding it.
Prepare Mixture: Take a thick bottomed wok or kadhayi. Take 250 gm clarified butter (desi ghee) and heat it. When the ghee melts, sprinkle a pinch of semolina(suji) to check if ghee is enough hot or not and if it pops-out, add the whole semolina(suji) in the kadhayi. Stir it well and continuously so that semolina roast evenly. Roast the semolina on low flame till it turns light golden brown in color and becomes fragrant. It will take about 8-10 minutes. Add mawa/khoya to the pan and stir it well so that it gets mixed with semolina properly. Make sure to avoid lumps. Now add dry fruits to the mixture and roast them too for about 4-5 minutes. You can also roast the dry fruits separately before preparing the mixture but due to the lack of time, we have roasted it with the mixture. After roasting the mixture check whether the dry fruits have turned crunchy or not. Turn off the flame and don’t over-roast the mixture. Now take out the mixture in a bowl immediately after turning off the flame. Cover it and keep it aside to let it cool enough to handle.
Bind laddoos : Add crushed sugar to the mixture when it gets cool. You can also adjust it according to your taste. Mix it well. You can also add sugar syrup(chasni) in place of crushed sugar but it will consume a lot of time. So, keeping the importance of time in mind, I’m adding crushed sugar. Now start binding the laddoos. Take 1.5 tsp of mixture on your palm, press it gently with your other hand and start rolling the laddu between your palms. Try to give a shape of lime-sized ball to it. If you are finding difficulty in binding the laddoos, heat 2-3 tablespoon of milk and add it to the semolina mixture. It will act as a binder and will moist the mixture little bit. Do the same with rest.
Now our delicious Indian traditional dessert “Suji k Laddo” or “Rava laddoo” is ready. Serve and share the happiness of festive.