Besan ki Papdi Recipe – Holi Special : For all the snacks lover, here I am with one more amazing recipe. Do yo want to eat something crispy? Then here you go “Besan ki Papdi”. Besan ki Papdi is a famous North-Indian flaky snack recipe that you can have with green chutney or curd. This is deep fried thin wafer and is specially made during HOLI festival. Easy to make and delicious to eat , this is something you can’t miss.. So let’s start with this salty and crispy snack recipe.
Prep time: 20-30 mins | Cook time: 30-40 mins | Serves : 7-8
INGREDIENTS FOR Besan ki papdi recipe
- Besan / Gram flour : 250 Gram
- Maida / Fine flour : 100 Gram
- Celery / Ajwain
- Baking Soda / Khane ka Soda
- Red Chilli Powder
- Salt(or to taste)
- Garam Masala
- Asafoetida (hing)
HOW TO MAKE Besan ki papdi
Prepare Dough For Papdi : Sieve fine flour(maida) and gram flour(besan). Take a big bowl and add 250gm gram flour(besan). Add100gm fine flour(maida) to make papdi more crispy. Now add oil(known as moin or moyen) to it. Moin acts as a binder. Now add 1 ½ Spoon of white salt (or to taste), ¼ spoon of baking soda, ½ spoon celery (ajwain), 2 spoon of garam masala, 1 ½ spoon of red chilli powder and pinch of asafoetida (Hing) to it. Mix it thoroughly. Rub the mixture between your palms until it takes the form of breadcrumbs. Now start adding water to knead a dough and avoid lumps. To avoid lumps knead it with warm water. When the Dough is ready, sprinkle little amount of oil on it. Cover it with damp cloth and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
Deep-Frying the Papdi : While preparing papdi, take a pan or kadhayi and add sufficient oil to it. Turn on the flame and let the oil heat. Start putting the papdis one by one in the oil. But add, a few papdis at a time. If you will add the large number of papdis at a time, it can stick to each other and you will not be able to flip the papdis. After that, flip each papdi 4-5 times until it turns light golden brown in color and fry them on a medium flame. When done, take out the papdis with the help of slotted ladle. Put it on the tissue paper or kitchen towel so that it absorbs extra oil that is very harmful 1for us. Our any time snack ‘BESAN KI PAPDI’ is ready now.
Let it cool at room temperature and serve it with Green chutney or curd.
QUICK STEPS :
- Take a big bowl and add gram flour(besan) to it.
- Add fine flour to the bowl and mix it well with gramflour.
- Now add 1 tbsp oil(as moin or moyen) to it.
- Add 1 ½ Spoon of white salt (or to taste), ¼ spoon of baking soda, ½ spoon celery (ajwain), 2 spoon of garam masala, 1 ½ spoon of red chilli powder and pinch of asafoetida (Hing) to it.
- Now rub the mixture between your palms until it takes the form of breadcrumbs.
- Add sufficient warm water and bring together into a hard dough.
- Avoid lumps.
- Add 1/2 tsp oil to the bowl and roll the dough in it.
- Dough is ready. Sprinkle little amount of oil on it and leave the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts and roll out balls into one inch thick, long coil.
- Make equal sized small balls(loi) out of the long coil.
- Roll the balls(loi) tightly in your palms to even them.
- Flatten each ball(loi) in 2″ dia size Papri with a rolling pin or belan to medium thickness.
- Once the papdis are a little tight, coat them with fine flour and roll them again to make 4″ dia big papdis.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Deep-fry, a few papdis at a time.
- Deep-fry papdis on a medium flame(to make it more crispy) until it turns light golden brown in color.
- Take out papdis on tissue paper or kitchen towel to absorb extra oil.
- Serve at room temperature with green chutney or curd.
Leave a Reply