Lauki Ke Kofte Recipe or Bottle Gourd kofta is an Awadhi cuisine recipe, which is also known as doodhi ke kofte or Ghiye ke kofte. It is basically a stuffed dumpling(kofta) prepared in masala fanfare. Lauki is also known as Bottle guard and has numerous health benefits. Bottle gourd is rich in dietary fiber and not loved by many. Bottle gourd juice is also helpful in losing weight. You can also try MUGHLAI STUFFED BOTTLE GOURD RECIPE. I am dedicating this recipe to all mothers whose children hate green vegetables. So let’s start.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves : 4
INGREDIENTS FOR LAUKI KE KOFTE
- Besan – 2 Tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Curd – 1 Bowl
- Cumin Seeds – 1.5 Tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Onion Paste – 2
- Red Chili Powder – 1 Tsp
- Black Pepper – 1 Tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 Tsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1 Tsp
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Salt – To Taste
HOW TO MAKE GHIYA KE KOFTE
quick steps :
- Take grated bottle gourd, add 2 Tbsp besan, 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder, 1 tsp Black pepper, Salt (to taste), 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda , 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds and 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder and mix it well.
- Mixture is ready,shape into small balls and meanwhile, heat the oil in pan.
- Deep-fry the koftas for 4-5 minutes .
- For Curry : Add 2 Tbsp Oil to the pan.
- Add 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds , 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida and Onion paste.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder, 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder, 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder, Salt (to taste), 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder.
- After that add 1 bowl Curd and add water to maintain the consistency of gravy .
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Prepare Mixture : Wash bottle guard and grate it. Now take grated bottle gourd in a bowl and add 2 Tbsp besan to it . And add 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder, 1 tsp Black pepper, Salt (to taste), 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda, 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds and 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder. Mix it well and knead it. Knead it without water. (NOTE:WITHOUT WATER)
Deep Frying Koftas : Mixture is ready now. Divide the mixture equally and make small balls out of the mixture (lemon size). Meanwhile, Take a pan and add oil to it. Heat it and deep-fry the balls for 4-5 minutes on medium flame until it appears golden brown in color. Drain the koftas on a paper towel or tissue paper. Now the koftas are ready. Keep it aside until required.
How To Make Curry : Now we will prepare the curry : Add 2 Tbsp Oil to the pan and heat it over high flame. After heating the oil add 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds and 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida. Let them sizzle and add Onion paste to it. Stir it after short intervals until the paste turns into golden brown. Now add 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder, 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder, 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder, Salt (to taste) and 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder. Mix it well and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
At Last : After that add 1 bowl Curd and mix it well. Add Water to maintain the consistency of gravy as koftas absorb water quickly. Stir it and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add Koftas to it. Simmer for 4-5 minutes. Garnish it with coriander leaves or cream. Delicious GHIYA/LAUKI KE KOFTE are ready. Serve hot with chapati or rice.