Gajar ki sabji recipe is the fried dish recipe. Gajar/Carrot is a good source of potassium and contain vitamins A (good for eye), C & B6. You can make it in very short time. It is commonly made during winters in the Northern parts of India. However, the taste of this recipe depends on the sweetness of carrots. The best thing about this recipe is thet we can make it with minimal ingredients. Here we are going to make this nutritious yet delicious recipe. So let’s learn how to make gajar ki sabji step by step.Gajar ki sabji Recipe Video
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 15-20 mins | Serves : 6-7
INGREDIENTS FOR Gajar Ki Sabji recipe
- Carrots – 1kg
- Fennel Seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Oil – 1.5 Tbsp
- Green Chili – 1
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Salt – 1/2 Tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 Tsp
- Ginger Paste – 1/2 Tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tsp
- Fenugreek Leaves – 1/2 Tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander Leaves
HOW TO MAKE GAJAR KI SABJI
quick steps :
- Take a pan and heat 5 tbsp oil in it.
- Add 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds and 1/4 tsp Asafoetida and let it sizzle.
- Add chopped carrots and mix it well.
- Add 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and mix it well.
- Add 1 tsp red chili powder, 1 green chili, 1/2 tsp garam masala(optional), 1 tsp coriander powder and mix it well.
- Rub fenugreek leaves(optional) on hand and spread it on carrots and mix it well.
- Let it simmer until carrot is cooked.
- Dish is ready. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Preparation : Take 1 kg fresh carrots and wash them. Scrap the carrots skin off with the help of peeler one by one. Rinse it again and wipe dry with a cloth. Put carrots on chopping board and chop them finely. Keep it aside until required.
How to cook : Take a pan and add 1.5 tbsp oil/clarified butter to it. Heat and add 1/2 tsp fennel seeds and 1/4 tsp of asafoetida. Allow them to sizzle. Now add chopped carrots to the pan and give a stir. Now add 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and mix it well. Mix it. Add 1 tsp red chili powder, 1 finely chopped green chili, 1/2 tsp garam masala (optional), 1 tsp coriander powder and mix it well. Simmer it for 10-15 minutes. When carrots get tender, add Fenugreek leaves. Rub fenugreek leaves on hand and sprinkle it on the pan. Give a stir and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Garnishing : Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with chapati, parantha, puri or naan.
Leave a Reply