Dahi Golgappa or Dahi Puri or Curd Golgappa is the new version of pani puri. Dahi golgappa is not popular as pani puri or normal golgappa, but trust me Crispy puris, peppery and sweet chutneys, tangy and hot red chilli powder, pungent onions, chilled curd and spicy Indian garam masala and chaat masala will brings water in your mouth. The ingredients are basics and easily available at home except golgappa puris. You can buy packed pani puri or golgappa from market or you can also learn homemade golgappa recipe from our website,I always prefer to make it in home. So, lets start step by step, how to prepare dahi golgappa recipe or dahi puri recipe or dahi puchka recipe.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 20 mins (if puris are not ready) | Serves: 3-4
INGREDIENTS FOR DAHI GOLGAPPA
- White salt
- Black salt
- Red chilli powder
- Roasted cumin seed powder
- Garam masala
- Chopped onions
- Red tamarind chutney
- Green chutney
how to make dahi golgappa?
If you want to learn how to make Golgappa puris click on this link : Golgappa Recipe. Sometimes, golgappa puris not puffed up perfectly, at that time save the semi puffed or half puffed or damaged puris which cannot be used for serving dahi puri or paani puri, they can be used as papri for Dahi aloo papri chaat. When Puris are done, time to filling this crispy puris :
- After baking golgappa puris, wait for 3 – 4 hours. Arrange golgappa puris on a serving plate, usually one plate consists five to six puris.
- Stir(fast) curd with the help of spoon. Add finely chopped onions in curd.
- Add garam masala, roasted cumin seed powder, black salt, white salt, red chilli powder in the mixture of curd and onions as according to your taste. (you can also add little chaat masala to it.)
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Crack a small hole in the center of each golgappa puri and fill the mixture of curd.
- When done, drizzle Red sweet tamarind chutney and Green chutney on top of it.
- Top it with more Curd/Yogurt/Dahi. Again, add little of garam masala and red chilli powder on top of it as per your taste.
- Garnish with Sev (kind of namkeen) or mint or coriander leaves and serve immediately to maintain the crispiness of golgappa puris. If you left puris in curd the puris become soggy.
If you want to make it more healthy and different in flavor, add Sprouted Moong beans : Steam and cook the sprouted moong beans with salt. When done, drain them and keep it aside. Mix them with all ingredients thoroughly. Sprouted moong beans make dahi puri more healthy. You can also buy sprouted moong beans from market but I always prefer to make it in home.