Gobi ke danthal ki sabzi or Cauliflowers stalks fry recipe is very yummy and unique recipe of north India. As according to name when you are going to cook cauliflower dishes, don’t throw away the stalks, save them and try this unique and nutritious gobi k danthal ki sabji. If you haven’t eaten cauliflowers stalks before then do try them out once, I bet you will be licking your fingers. So let us start to learn how to make this nutritious and fiber containing gobi danthal sabji in quick, simple and easy steps.
Prep time : 10 mins | Cooking time : 30 mins | Serves: 4
INGREDIENTS FOR Gobi ke danthal ki sabzi
- Cauliflower stalks(Gobi Danthal) – 500G
- 2 Big Onions
- 3 – 4 Garlic Buds
- 4 Green Chilli
- 1 inch Ginger
- Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Dana)
- Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilli Powder
- Coriander Powder
- Garam Masala
HOW TO MAKE gobi ke danthal ki sabzi
- Rinse rice(half cup). Soak them for two to two and half hour. Then Grind them.
- Add 2 chopped big onions, 3 – 4 garlic Buds (Optional), 4 green chilli and one inch ginger piece in jar and make paste of it.
- After that rinse Cauliflower stalks thoroughly and cut them in equal pieces;lengthways into finger thick and long stubs or you can also cut them in cubes. When done, add stalks and half glass of water in cooker and Boil them (one whistle) at high flame to make them soft and tender.
- When cauliflowers stalks become tender in nature, time to prepare masala. But if not cover them and pressure cook for more, one whistle.
- Add 2 big spoon of oil in pan and heat it.
- Add half spoon(small) of fenugreek seeds(methi dana), half spoon of turmeric powder, paste(onion, chilli, garlic, ginger), 3 spoons of dry coriander powder, 2 spoons of salt, 1.5 spoons(small) of red chilli powder and half spoon of Garam Masala in pan. You can also increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients as per your taste.
- Stir and cook, all ingredients well for 5 minutes at medium flame.
- After 5 minutes; when nice aroma arises, add boiled cauliflower stalks or gobi ke danthal in masala and mix them well for two to three minutes.
- After 2 – 3 minutes, Add soaked squashy rice in it. Squashy rice adds delectable and crispy flavor in it.
- Mix and cook them for 20 minutes, until cauliflower stalks appears light golden brown in color at medium flame.
- After 20 minutes turn off the gas. Gobi ke danthal ki sabji or cauliflowers stalks are ready, garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve Hot. You can enjoy this yummy cauliflowers stalks recipe with Paratha and Chapati. You can also enjoy it with rice as side dish.
Leave a Reply