Arbi ki Sukhi Sabji | Taro Roots Indian Recipes : Arbi is also known as Taro Roots. It contains a lot of vitamins and proteins. It’s a very common dish which is associated with mainly the people of North India. It can be served with or without gravy depending on individual’s taste. But today, we will teach you how to make Arbi ki Sukhi Sabji (Taro roots without gravy). You can have it with chapattis or puris. It’s very easy to make. So let’s start with this recipe –
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10-15 mins | Serve: 4-5
INGREDIENTS FOR ARBI KI SUKHI SABJI
- Arbi (Taro Roots) – ½ kg
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Green Chilies – 2
For tadka –
- Carom Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – ½ tsp
HOW TO MAKE ARBI KI SUKHI SABJI
QUICK STEPS :
- Take ½ kg arbi and wash them properly to remove all the mud from them.
- Peel them and cut vertically into long slices.
- You can also use gloves while cutting it because it causes itching.
- Chop green chilies and coriander leaves finely. Keep aside.
- Take a pan and turn on the flame.
- Pour 2 tablespoon of oil into the pan and heat it.
- When heated, add 1 teaspoon of carom seeds, ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds and ½ teaspoon of asafoetida. Allow them to sizzle.
- Now add thinly sliced arbi (taro roots) to the pan.
- Mix well.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of salt (or to taste) and ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Mix well and cover the lid for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in-between.
- Add 2 finely chopped green chilies, 1 teaspoon of red chili powder, 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Mix well and simmer again for 10 minutes.
- It is almost ready, add ½ teaspoon of dry mango powder and ½ teaspoon of garam masala.
- Mix well and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Our sukhi Arbi ki sabji is ready.
- Serve warm and enjoy.