Thandai Mousse Recipe : Hey friends, today we are going to learn how to make Thandai Mousse. It is a fusion of western dessert(Mousse) and Indian drink(Thandai). A great dessert for get-together and festivals like Holi. Today we will use natural vegetarian gelatin for this recipe i.e. China grass also known as agar agar in India. Basically it is used as a thickening agent in sweets and other foods. You can also check Special Holi chutney recipe for this Holi Season! So lets’ start with an easy thandai mousse recipe.
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 20 mins
INGREDIENTS FOR Thandai Mousse
- Whipped Cream – 5/6 tbsp
- Agar agar – 5 gm
- Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2-3 tbsp
- Thandai syrup – 2 tbsp (Click here for recipe of thandai syrup)
- Water – needed
**The ingredients can be increased or decreased as per your preferences.
HOW TO MAKE Thandai Mousse STEP BY STEP
- Put the whipped cream in refrigerator.
- Take 5 gm of agar agar and cut into strips.
- Take a grinder and grind it to a fine powder.
- Take a pan and pour half cup water into it and add powdered agar agar in it.
- Turn on the flame to medium and heat it. When done turn off the flame.
- Wait for the agar agar to puff up and again turn the flame on.
- Now pour milk and add sugar to it and boil milk till it thickens little.
- Add thandai syrup and simmer for 3-4 minutes more. Turn off the flame.
- Then strain the milk mixture through a filter in a bowl.
- Let the milk mixture cool.
- Now add 5-6 tbsp of whipped cream and beat well.
- Scoop out the mixture to suitable bowls.
- Garnish it with rose petals, saffron strands and keep in refrigerator for 3-4 hrs(don’t worry if it sets).
- Take out off from the refrigerator when you are about to serve.
Try Thandai Mousse recipe on the special occasion of this hoil and share your colorful comments with us. You can also try Holi Special Recipes. Wish you a very Happy and colorful Holi!!
Leave a Reply