Golgappa/Pani Puri Recipe | Crispy Puchka Recipe : Golgappa or Pani Puri or Puchka is the most popular or you can say that all time favorite mouthwatering chaat especially among females. Crispy puris, salty,tangy & sweet stuffed material like potato, chickpeas & tamarind sauce and spicy chilled masala water are enough things to make your mouth watery and greedy. Many of us know the fact, that street foods are unhealthy and unhygienic but still we love street food. Even golgappa paani is the most unhygienic among them, but making pani puri at home is hygienic and economical. You can also buy packed pani puri or golgappa from market but I always prefer to make it in home. So,lets start step by step, how to prepare golgappa recipe or pani puri recipe or puchka recipe.
Golgappa/Pani Puri RecipeVideo
Prep time: 30 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 3-4
GOLGAPPA DOUGH :
- 1 Bowl Fine Flour (Maida)
- 2 Bowls Semolina(Sooji)
- Warm Water
- 1 Spoon Oil
STEP BY STEP GOLGAPPA DOUGH:
- Take a big bowl or plate or Paraat. Pour 2 bowls of sooji or semolina and 1 bowl of maida or fine flour in it.
- Mix them with the help of warm water. Mix it thoroughly, The dough will be sandy at first, but as you add warm water, it should start to pull together to form a dough ball.
- Be sure not to add too much water directly, otherwise your dough will be sticky and you won’t be able to roll it out. (When you are going to Make puris for golgappa.)
- Once dough ball has formed, Knead it and form a stiff dough.
- Now add 1 spoon of oil in it and knead the dough again. The dough should be firm and not too soft to touch.
- There should not too much moisture so that it puffs and crisps when deep fried.
- When done, cover the dough with damp cloth and let the dough rest for 15 – 20 minutes.
GOLGAPPA PURIS ROLL AND FRY:
STEP BY STEP GOLGAPPA PURIS ROLL and fry:
- After 15 – 20 minutes, divide the dough in equal parts and make balls. (here, divided in 6 parts in video)
- Now take out the first ball of dough and roll it with rolling pin with equal pressure on each side of puri. Be sure not to roll the dough too thin. If it’s too thin, holes will develop or the dough will stick at chapati block. The remaining balls must be covered with the damp cloth.
- When a puri of chapati is ready, cut out the round discs from it with the help of sauce bottle cap or biscuit cutter.
- Arrange the round discs on the paraat, and cover them with damp cloth. Now one by one, take and roll (1-2 times) round discs with the help of rolling pin as in video and spread them on plate.
- When the all round discs rolled out of one ball(one of the 6 parts of dough), set the flame of gas to medium and heat the oil or ghee for deep fry. When oil is ready or hot, place the golgappas and fry them on one side till the golden brown in color. Take them out on absorbent paper or tissue.
- Do the whole procedure with each and every part of divided dough.
- When Golgappas are ready, keep them aside for 3 – 4 hours (without covering) and then store them in the air-tight container.
GOLGAPPA PAANI (Water) :
- Amchoor or Tamarind(soaked)
- Red chilli powder
- Roasted cumin seeds powder with pinch of Asafoetida powder
- Garam masala
- Black salt
- White salt
- Paste of green coriander leaves, green chilli and mint leaves
- 1 liter water
STEP BY STEP GOLGAPPA PAANI:
- Take a big bowl.
- Add 1 spoon of Garam masala, 1/2 spoon of red chilli powder, 2 spoons of black salt, 2 spoon cumin seed powder(roasted cumin powder with the pinch of asafoetida), 1 spoon salt, 4 spoon amchoor powder and paste of green coriander leaves, green chilli and mint leaves in it. You can also increase or decrease the amount of ingredients as per your taste.
- Add 1 liter of water in it and mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- When Done, cover it and Keep it in the refrigerator to chill..
READY TO EAT :
- Boil potatoes and chickpeas. Peel the boiled potato and cut it into small cubes. You can also crumble the potatoes lightly.
- Take a bowl and add boiled potato cubes and chickpeas. Sprinkle cumin seed powder, little salt and garam masala on it and mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Take Golgappa, make hole with thumb and fill the mixture of potato and chickpeas. Add tamarind chutney or saunth in it and then dip the golgappa in golgappa paani(water). Enjoy this most popular mouthwatering paani puri chaat and share your experience with us. You can also try Dahi Golgappa Recipe.
Leave a Reply