French Fries Recipe : Everybody loves French fries and I can keep munching on them all day long. Whenever we think about french fries, McDonald’s is the first word which comes to our mind. So today, we are going to learn how to cook french fries at home, same as the McDonald’s one. French fries are very easy to cook and by adding two extra ingredients(Sugar and corn syrup) makes them same as the McDonald’s french fries. Sugar gives them sweet flavor whereas corn syrup helps to make them more crispy. Many people fry these french fries just for once, but i advice you to all that fry them two times to make them more crispy.
Prep time : 20 mins | Cooking time : 15 mins | Cooling Time : 45 mins
INGREDIENTS FOR french fries recipe
- 4 – 5 potatoes
- Sugar Powder
- Salt or Chaat Masala
- Corn Syrup (Optional)
- Refined or Vegetable Oil
HOW TO MAKE french fries at home
- Wash potatoes and peel them. Then cut potatoes lengthwise by cutting the potatoes in half, or in three vertical pieces.
- After that cut each piece of potatoes into stick in the large bowl of water to remove the starch of potatoes. You can also use french fries cutter, which is easily available in market.
- When done, keep them aside (in water) for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, take them out from water in large bowl. Potatoes are starch free.
- Add boiled water in another bowl. Add 2 spoon of sugar powder, which gives exact flavor of Mcdonald’s french fries and one spoon of corn syrup in it. Mix them well. Corn Syrup is optional, it helps to make french fries crispy.
- Add potato pieces in this solution and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Now take them out. Lay the potatoes on cloth or tissue paper to remove extra water or moisture. Blot with tissue or cloth to dry them.
- Put the plate of potato-sticks in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, heat the refined and fry the slices or sticks of potatoes for two minutes at medium flame. You can use any vegetable oil in place of refined.
- After 2 minutes, take them out and keep aside for 10 minutes.(for cooling)
- After 10 minutes, Fry them again until potatoes turns light golden brown in color.
- When done, take them out from the refined or vegetable oil and drain on paper tissues.
- French Fries are ready, sprinkle pinch of salt or chaat masala on it and enjoy it with tomato sauce, red chutney or green chutney.
Leave a Reply