Til Gud Ladoo recipe – Sesame Jaggery Ladoo Recipe – Hello people! Today we are going to teach you how to make ‘Til Gud ke Ladoo’. This traditional ladoo is very popular and is specially made during festival Makar Sakranti. The most special thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t require even a little amount of ghee. Instead we are using ‘jaggery’ which is very beneficial for our health and has a distinctive flavour. Sesame too has wonderful benefits and is considered as the one of the healthiest foods in the world. It helps to prevent the diabetes, constipation and also reduces the risk of cancer. So let’s start with this sweet yet healthy recipe.
Prep time: 10-15 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves : 6-7
INGREDIENTS FOR Til Gud Ladoo Recipe
- Sesame Seeds (til) – 200 gm
- Jaggery (gud) – 200 gm
- Roasted Peanuts – 50 gm
HOW TO MAKE TIL GUD LADOO
QUICK STEPS :
- Take a pan and roast 200 gm sesame seeds(til).
- Roast the sesame seeds (til) till it turns light golden in color on medium flame.
- It will take 7-8 minutes
- When done, Turn off the flame.
- Now divide the roasted sesame seeds(til) into two equal parts.
- We have to grind the one half of roasted sesame seeds (til).
- Grind the roasted sesame seeds(til) with roasted peanuts.
- For Chasni – Take a pan.
- Crush the 200 gm jaggery (gud) and put it in the pan.
- Add little amount of water to the pan and turn on the flame.
- Keep stirring the jaggery till it melts on medium flame.
- Try to use steel ladle to prevent jaggery from sticking to the pan.
- Jaggery syrup/chasni is ready, now add roasted sesame seeds and grinded sesame seeds(til) to the pan.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- Turn off the gas and transfer the mixture to the bowl.
- Now leave the mixture to cool, so that you can handle it.
- Now roll the mixture to laddoo.
- Pick up the mixture and roll them into lime-sized balls.
- Garnish it with amlonds and cashews.
- Your Til Gud ke ladoo are ready. Enjoy.
- Store them in an air tight container.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Preparation : Take 50 gm peanuts and roast them. Roast the peanuts till it turns golden brown in color or till they become crunchy. Grate the dried coconut, if you are adding it. Crush the jaggery. If you want to add dry fruits, crush them too.
Prepare Mixture: Take a thick bottomed pan. Take 200 gm sesame seeds (til) and and add it to the pan. Turn on the flame and roast the sesame seeds. Stir it well and continuously so that sesame seeds (til) roast evenly. Roast the sesame seeds (til) on medium flame till it turns light golden in color and becomes fragrant. It will take about 7-8 minutes. When done, divide the sesame seeds (til) into two equal parts. One half of roasted sesame seeds needs to grind. Take a grinder and add half roasted sesame seeds (til) and roasted peanuts to it. Grind them well.
Prepare Chasni/syrup: Take a pan and put crushed jaggery to it. Add little water to the jaggery and turn on the flame. Stir it continuously so that it dissolves. Make sure to avoid lumps. Try to use steel ladle as it will help you in preventing the jaggery stick to your pan. When jaggery melts, add grinded peanuts, grinded sesame seeds and roasted sesame seeds to the jaggery syrup. You can also add crushed dry fruits . And if you are adding it, roast the dry fruits separately before preparing the jaggery syrup. Mix everything very well and cook it for 5-6 minutes. Turn off the flame. Now take out the mixture in a bowl immediately after turning off the flame. Cover it and keep it aside to let it cool enough to handle.
Bind laddoos: Now start binding the ladoos. Take 1.5 tsp of mixture on your palm, press it gently and start rolling the laddoo between your palms till it smooths . Try to give a shape of lime-sized ball to it. If you are finding difficulty in binding the laddoos, grease you palm with some oil or clarified butter. Do the same with rest. Garnish the ladoos with almond or cashews on the top of ladoo. Store the ladoos in an air-tight container and consume it for 10-15 days.
Now our delicious Indian traditional dessert “Til Gud Ladoo” or “Sesame Jaggery ladoo” is ready. Serve and share the happiness of festive.
Leave a Reply