Moong dal mangode recipe – It is also known as Moong dal bhajiya and Moong dal pakode. It is one of the mouthwatering Indian snack that is easy to prepare and tastes too good. If you want to just enjoy the rainy days or winter evening or morning, Moong dal mangode is the best tea time snack for you. If you are looking for more snacks then do check moong dal chilla, aalu sandwich, Indian bread pizza, bread pakora, cutlets and spring rolls. So now I’m going to share the perfect crispy moong dal mangode recipe that will surely rob your heart.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serve: 3-4
INGREDIENTS FOR Moong dal mangode recipe
- Chilkewali moong (green gram) – 200G
- 6-7 green chilies
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 onions
- Red Chili powder
- Garam masala
- Coriander leaves
HOW TO MAKE moong dal mangode
quick steps :
- Wash and Soak Moong dal (green gram) in water for at least 4-5 hours.
- Wash green chilies, coriander leaves and ginger in running water. Take out the stems of green chilies, cut the ginger into 2-3 pieces and chop coriander leaves finely.
- Take 2 onions. Slice them. The onions have to be sliced thinly as thin slices cooks fast..
- Take a mixer jar. Add soaked moong dal, chopped ginger and green chilies in it. Grind them to the coarse mixture.
- Take a big bowl, transfer the mixture from the jar to it.
- Add chopped onions, chopped coriander leaves, 1 spoon of red chili powder and garam masala and 2 spoons of salt in mixture. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Take Wok / heavy bottomed vessel and heat the oil at medium flame.
- Check whether oil is ready or not, drop little amount of mixture in it and if it comes upward, oil is ready. Take small amount (about 1 spoon) of mixture in your hand and drop 5 – 6 fritters into the oil. Deep fry the Moong dal Mangodas from both side till they become light golden brown in color. Stir it well to prevent mangodas from sticking at the base of wok.
- When done, take them out at the absorbent paper and do this till the rest mixture is utilized.
- Moong dal mangodes are ready. Serve hot crispy Moong dal mangodes with curd, green chutney or tamarind chutney.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Preparation : Wash and Soak moong dal(green gram) in water for at least 4-5 hours. Drain out the water completely from moong dal. Wash the green chilies in running water and take out their stems. Wash coriander leaves in running water. Shake off the excess water and then finely chop them. Wash ginger, peel skin and cut it into 2-3 pieces. Take two onions and finely chop them.
Preparing Mixture : Take grinder jar. Add soaked moong dal, green chilies and chopped ginger in it. Grind them to the coarse mixture. When done, take out the mixture in a big bowl. Add chopped onions, chopped coriander leaves, 1 spoon of red chili powder, 1 spoon of garam masala and 2 spoons of salt in it. Mix all the ingredients well. There are no fix measurements for salt and red chilli powder, you can increase or decrease the quantity as per your taste. Mixture is ready.
Cook : Take a heavy bottomed vessel, add oil in it. Set the gas at medium flame and heat the oil. Check whether the oil is sufficiently hot or not, by dropping a small quantity of mixture in the oil. It must rise not sink. If it rise immediately, this is the right time for frying Mangodes. Take a small portion (one spoon) of mixture in hands and gently drop 5 – 6 fritters into the oil. Deep fry the Moong dal Mangodas from both side till they become light golden brown in color and crispy. Keep stirring occasionally to prevent mangodas from sticking at the base of vessel or wok. When done, drain them out at the absorbent or tissue paper to remove the excess oil. Do this for the rest mangodas and deep fry in the batches.
More Crispy : When all mangodas fried, fry them again (7 – 8 pieces each time) for 2 minutes more at low flame. Stir them continuously otherwise they will become soggy. When done, drain them out again at the absorbent paper.
Ready Steady Eat: Crispy and yummy Moong dal mangode are ready. Serve hot Moong dal mangode with a steaming cup of tea or coffee. You can also serve them with tomato ketchup or with different types of chutney. Try them out especially in monsoons.