Paneer Sabudana Vada Navratri Recipe – Today we are going to learn how to make ‘Paneer sabudana Vada’. This perfect fasting food and kid friendly snack is very popular and is specially made during Navratri and Shivratri festival. You can also serve sabudana vada evening or morning breakfast with a cup of ginger tea. Also learn how to make other vrat recipes like aloo ki kheer, sabudana kheer, french fries and many more. So Let’s start to make this crispy paneer sabudana vada.
Paneer Sabudana Vada Navratri Recipe Video
Soaking time: 5 hrs or overnight | Cook time: 30 mins | Serve: 4-5
INGREDIENTS FOR Paneer Sabudana Vada Navratri Recipe
- 1 bowl Soaked Sabudana/Sago
- Roasted & crushed peanuts – 100G
- 2 boiled potatoes
- Paneer – 150G
- Red Chilli Powder ( for vrat/fast use black pepper powder)
- Green Chilies
- Cumin seed powder
- Coriander leaves
- Salt (for vrat/fast recipes, use rock salt)
- Garam masala (for vrat/fast use homemade)
HOW TO MAKE Paneer Sabudana Vada Navratri Recipe
quick steps :
- Soak the sabudana or sago pearls in water for five hours at least. Then drain out the water completely.
- Cut the paneer into small cubes and put the cubes aside.
- Take two boiled potatoes. Peel and mash them.
- Take a big bow and add mashed potatoes to it.
- Add soaked sabudana, roasted and crushed peanuts (take a look at brief process also for elaboration) in bowl and mix well.
- Wash green chilies and fresh coriander leaves, chop them and add to the mixture.
- Now Add 1 spoon of home made garam masala, 1 spoon cumin seed powder, 1 spoon of red chili powder and salt as per taste in it. Mix well. You can also use black pepper powder in place of red chilli powder and rock salt in place of salt for vrat or fast recipes. Mixture for sabudana vada is ready.
- Now grease a tray with very little amount of butter or desi ghee. Grease your palms. By doing this, mixture of sabudana vada will not stick on your hands and plate.
- Take 2 tbsp mixture on your palm, make large lemon sized ball, press and spread it in your hands. Put 2 – 3 small cubes of paneer on it, shape them into vadas or tikkis and lightly flatten them. Do this till all the Sabudana vada mixture is utilized.
- Now heat the clarified butter(ghee)/oil in a heavy bottomed vessel .
- When clarified butter/oil is ready, Set the flame of gas to medium and deep fry the sabudana vadas from the both side till they appear golden brown in color. You can fry 4 – 5 sabudana vadas together.
- Now drain them on absorbent paper or tissue paper to remove the excess oil.
- Serve hot. You can serve sabudana vadas with the cup of tea, curd or with different types of chutney.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Boil and Roast : Now take two potatoes and wash them. Remove any black spot or dirt with the help of knife. Add plenty of water and potatoes in pressure cooker. Potatoes should be immersed in water. Close the lid of pressure cooker. Turn on the gas and cook for 5 – 7 minutes (2 whistle). When done, let them cool and peel the skin of potatoes.
Now take a pan and turn on the gas to medium flame. Put peanuts into the pan. Roast the peanuts, till they become crisp. When the peanuts are fully roasted, they will turn light golden in color and skin of the peanuts will flaky. When done, discard the skin of peanuts and grind them to the coarse mixture. Keep it in the bowl and take out the other ingredients from the freeze (for details check the preparation point). All ingredients are ready.
Preparing Mixture : Take a big bowl and mash the potatoes in it. Add soaked sabudana, roasted and crushed peanuts, chopped chilies and coriander leaves, salt and spices : 1 spoon of garam masala, 1 spoon of cumin seed powder, 1 spoon of red chili powder. If you are cooking for vrat or fast, replace the ordinary salt to rock salt and red chili powder to black pepper powder to the bowl. Mix it well. When the mixture is ready, grease a tray and your palms with desi ghee.
Cook : Now mixture is ready, take 2 tbsp mixture on your palm and start rolling the mixture between your palms to make large lemon sized ball of it. Press it gently with your other hand and spread it in the center of your palm. Put 2 – 3 small cubes of paneer on it and try to shape them into smooth tikkis or vadas. If you are finding difficulty in this process, grease your hands with more ghee and try again. Do this till all the rest mixture is utilized. Take a heavy bottomed vessel, add oil in it. Turn on the gas, heat the oil and place 4 – 5 vadas in it. Deep fry the vadas from both side till they become golden brown in color and crispy. Deep-fry vadas on medium flame, otherwise vadas will remain uncooked from inside. Spread the absorbent paper in a plate and take out the fried sabudana vadas. Let them on tissue paper for few seconds to remove the excess oil. Do this for the rest.
Ready Steady Eat: Tasty and crispy Paneer Sabudana Vada are ready. Serve the hot sabudana vada with curd or with different types of chutney. You can also serve it with a cup of tea.
Don’t forget to try Paneer Sabudana Vada Navratri Recipe at your home.
Leave a Reply