Mumbai Style Pav Bhaji Recipe| Chaat Recipes : Pav bhaji is one of the most favorite street food in India. It literally means bread and vegetables, where pav is bun and bhaji is the curry made with lots of vegetables. When it comes to pav bhaji, juhu beach and Delhi ki galliya are the most famous spots and trust me you will fall in love with this dish. This is an all time favourite snack. I always prefer roadside vendor’s pav bhaji rather than restaurant’s pav bhaji. That is my choice, as choice varies from person to person. One of the most important ingredient in pav bhaji is Butter. As butter enhances its taste that you will never going to forget. I personally prefer amul’s butter but you can use any brand or even white butter as well. When it comes to fast food, mother always worry for their kids but this street food is a best way to get the kids to eat vegetables. But ever think to make this dish at home? No? Yeah it looks so difficult but it’s not. You can make it in very short time. Here we are going to make this nutritious yet delicious recipe…
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 4-5
INGREDIENTS FOR PAV BHAJI :
- Potatoes – 200 gm
- Onions – 2
- Green chilies – 4
- Pumpkin – 200 gm
- Brinjal – 200 gm
- Cauliflower – 200 gm
- Tomatoes – 2
- Peas – 1 cup
- Oil/butter – 4 Tbsp
- Grated Ginger – 1 inch
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 Tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 Tsp
- Salt – To Taste
- Pav Bhaji Masala – 2 Tsp
- Coriander Leaves – Finely chopped
- Lemon Juice – 1
- Pav Buns – 2-3 packets
HOW TO MAKE PAV BHAJI ?
QUICK STEPS :
- Wash and boil the potatoes and peel them.
- Wash and cut all the vegetables into small dices.
- Add water to pressure cooker and add all chopped vegetables.
- Add turmeric powder and salt.
- Give 4-5 whistles to pressure cooker.
- Meanwhile, let’s prepare tempering.
- Add oil/butter to the pan and heat it.
- Add ginger paste and let it sizzle.
- Add chopped onions to it until it turns golden brown in color.
- Add peas, salt and simmer it.
- Add tomatoes.
- Stir it and simmer it until oil seperates.
- Sprinkle some red chilli powder and stir on high flame.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, pav bhaji masala, red chili powder and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Simmer it on medium flame .
- Grind boil vegetables and add it to the pan.
- Mix it and simmer it for 5-10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice.
- Cut buns from middle and fry it on tawa with butter.
- Heat some butter and take horizontally split buns and toast it on pan on medium flame.
- Serve hot.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Preparation: First of all wash and cut all the vegetables into small dices.
How to make Bhaji: Add water to pressure cooker and add all chopped vegetables. Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt(to taste). Give 4-5 whistles to pressure cooker. Meanwhile, let’s prepare tempering. Add oil/butter to the pan and heat it. Add ginger paste and let it sizzle. Add chopped onions to it until it turns golden brown in color. Add peas and simmer it. Grind boil vegetables and add it to the pan. Mix it well and simmer it 4-5 minutes. Add butter, finely chopped coriander leaves and juice of 1 lemon. Mix it well and simmer it for 6-7 minutes.
Toasting Buns: Take a bun and split it into two horizontally. Add butter to tawa and toast bun on medium flame for 1-2 minutes. Buns are ready. Put it on the plate.
Garnishing: Garnish the bhaji with butter and green chilies.
Serve the pav bhaji with onions, coriander leaves and lemon.
Also go for other Indian Chaat Recipe : Kulche chole, Chole Bhature, Pani Puri, Dahi Golgappe, Papdi Chaat.