Chole ki Chutney – Choliya Chutney Recipe – Hello guyz, today we are going to learn how to make Choliya ki Chutney (Green chickpea’s Chutney). Green chickpeas have a very unique and flavourful taste. It is also very popular in state of Maharashtra and known as Harbhara. Choliya is also known as Hara Chana in states of North India and is available in the market during the season of Holi, especially. You can serve it with Besan ki Papdi too, which is also a Holi Special Recipe. So this Holi, try something new and share the happiness of festive. So let’s start with this quick and easy recipe.
Prep time : 10 mins | Quantity : 1 bowl
INGREDIENTS FOR Chole ki Chutney – Choliya Chutney Recipe
- Green Chickpeas – 1 bowl
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp (or to taste)
- Clarified Butter – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Curd – 2 tsp
HOW TO MAKE CHOLE KI CHUTNEY
- Take a chutney grinder or smalll blender.
- Put 1 bowl of green chickpeas in it.
- Now add 1 tsp red chili powder and 1/2 white salt (or to taste).
- Now add 2 tsp of curd to it and liitle amount of water.
- We are adding water to help with the grinding.
- Grind it till smooth.
- Now let’s prepare tadka.
- Take a pan and add 1 tbsp of clarified butter (ghee) to it.
- Turn on the flame and heat it.
- Now add 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds and 1/2 tsp of asafoetida to the pan.
- Let them sizzle.
- Now pour the chutney batter into the pan and stir it.
- Stir it continuously so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of pan.
- Pour little amount of water, keeping to thick consistency.
- Make sure to avoid lumps.
- It will take 4-5 miuntes.
- Turn off the flame.
- Our Choliya ki Chutney is ready.
- Pour the chutney into a bowl and garnish it with mint leaves.
- You can serve this chutney as a side dish with Indian starters or snacks.
- If you are looking for more chutney recipes then do check Green Coriander Chutney and Tamarind Chutney.