Bread Pakora Recipe | Pakora Snack Recipes : It is an Indian pakora with bread and potato stuffing. Or you can say it an Indian bread fitter. Personally I loveeee bread pakora and it is one of the most favourite snacks of mine. And being an Indian no one can ignore bread pakora. It is a famous street food. And I remember those rainy days when we just want a hot snack with tea. But some time because of rain we can’t go outside so my mom use to make this at home. My mom used to make different types of pakoras like aalo pakora, gobhi pakora, paneer pakora, onion pakora but bread pakora and gobhi pakora are my favourites. You can have it with mint coriander chutney, tamarind chutney or with a hot cup of ginger tea. There are two types of Bread Pakora Recipe i.e. plain bread pakora and stuffed bread pakora. Today we will make stuffed bread pakora. So let’s start.
Prep time : 10-15 mins | Cook time : 10 mins | Serves : 4-5
INGREDIENTS FOR Bread Pakora Recipe :
- Gram Flour (Besan) – 2 cup
- Potatoes – 4-5
- Green Chili – 2-3
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Carom Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
- Oil – to Deep Fry
- Coriander Leaves
HOW TO MAKE bread pakora ?
QUICK STEPS :
- Boil and mash potatoes.
- Take a bowl and add 1/2 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp dry mango powder, 1/2 tsp asafoetida, salt (to taste), 2-3 finely chopped green chilies, finely chopped coriander leaves to it.
- Mix it well.
- Take another bowl and add 2 cup gram flour(besan).
- Add 1/2 tsp red chili powder,1/2 tsp carom seeds, pinch of asafoetida.
- Mix it and add water to form batter.
- Beat it using whisk.
- Take a pan and add oil to it.
- Heat it.
- Take a slice of bread and spread potato mixture evenly on it.
- Cover the stuffed slice bread with another bread slice.
- Cut the slices diagonally.
- Dip the triangular stuffed sandwich in the batter.
- Add batter coated sandwich to the pan.
- Deep fry the sandwich until it turns golden brown in color.
- Serve hot with chutney.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Preparation : Take 4-5 potatoes and wash them. Boil them and drain and cool. Remove the skin of potatoes and mash them properly. Sieve 2 cup gram flour (Besan). Chop 2-3 green chilies finely. Chop coriander leaves finely as well.
Prepare The Stuffing : Take a bowl and add mashed potatoes to it. Add 1/2 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp dry mango powder, pinch of asafoetida, salt (to taste), 2-3 finely chopped green chilies, finely chopped coriander leaves to it. Mix it well. Stuffing is ready now. You can also add chopped onions if you want. Keep it aside until required.
Prepare The Batter : Take a bowl and sieved gram flour (Besan) to it. Add 1/2 tsp red chili powder,1/2 tsp carom seeds, pinch of asafoetida. Add finely chopped coriander leaves as well if you want. Also, add 1/2 tsp of oil to the bowl. Add 1/2 cup of water and start beating the flour (Besan) until a smooth batter forms using whisk. Pour some more water in it by keeping its consistency in mind. To avoid lumps use warm water. Batter is ready now. Keep it aside until required. You can also add more spices to the batter. As I can’t eat more spicy so I am not adding more ingredients to the batter.
Assembling Of Bread Pakora : Now take a slice of bread and spread potato mixture evenly on the slice. Now take another slice of bread and cover the potato mixture slice with it.
Take a knife and cut the stuffed sandwich diagonally. Now take a triangular stuffed sandwich and dip it in the Gram flour (Besan) batter. Coat all the sides of sandwich with batter.
Deep Frying The Pakora : Take a pan and add oil in large amount to it. Heat the oil. Now add coated stuffed pakora to the pan. Deep fry the pakora for 5-6 minutes until it turns golden brown in color. Take out the bread pakora with the help of slotted ladle, to drain extra oil. Turn off the flame. Put the bread pakora on tissue paper or kitchen towel.