Instant Besan Dhokla Recipe is a traditional dish of GUJARAT. Dhokla is a vegetarian snack item and it is prepared from chickpea flour(also known as besan) or rice. There are different types of dhoklas with different ingredients like Rava Dhokla, Khatta Dhokla, Rice and Chana dal Dhokla, Khaman Dhokla, Safed Dhokla, Khandhavi Dhokla, Idli Dhokla, Sandwich Dhokla and many more. Hence, different methods of preparing them. Here we will learn how to cook Instant Besan Dhokla with a very simple and quick method.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 15-20 mins | Serves : 6-7
INGREDIENTS FOR Instant Besan Dhokla recipe
- Gram flour(Besan) – 200 gm
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Green Chilli – 3
- Ginger – 1
- Turmeric Powder – Pinch
- Salt – To Taste
- Sugar – 4 Tsp
- Eno – 1
- Lemon Juice – 2
- Water – 1 cup
- Mustard Seeds – 1 Tsp
- Curry Leaves – 4-5
HOW TO MAKE Instant Besan Dhokla
quick steps :
- Take Gram flour(Besan) and add grated ginger, finely chopped green chilli, turmeric powder, salt, sugar, oil and yogurt and water .
- Mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Add eno.
- Take a microwavable container , grease it with oil and pour batter in it.
- Put the container in microwave for 4-5 minutes at full power.
- Bring the container out. Let the dhokla cool.
- SEASONING : Take a pan and add 2 tsp oil , mustard seeds , green chili , curry leaves , lemon juice , sugar, 1 cup of water, curry leaves, lemon juice and sugar to the pan.
- Now slice the dhokla and pour the hot seasoning on the dhokla.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and green chillies. Serve hot.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Step 1 : Take 200 gm Gram flour(Besan) in a bowl and add 1 grated ginger, 1 finely chopped green chilli, pinch of turmeric powder, salt according to your taste, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tbsp oil and 1/2 cup of yogurt and mix it well. Taste the batter for ingredients. Add enough water (not too thick or thin ) and beat the mixture thoroughly and there are no lumps. Now add 1 packet of eno and mix it well. The batter will foam up. (Note : Do not beat it thoroughly after adding eno)
Step 2 : Take a microwavable container and grease it with oil. Now pour batter in the container and put the container in microwave for 4-5 minutes at full power. After 4-5 minutes bring the container out. Keep it aside and let the dhokla cool.
Step 3 : Take a pan over the medium flame and add 2 tsp oil to the pan and heat it. Add mustard seeds , green chili and let them sizzle. Add curry leaves, lemon juice and 3 tsp sugar to the pan . At last add 1 cup of water to the pan. Bring it to a boil. Now slice the dhokla and pour the hot seasoning on tha dhokla .
Garnish it with coriander leaves and green chillies serve hot.