Moongphali gur patti recipe is also known by different names like, moongphali chikki, gur patti, groundnut chikki, peanut chikki, jaggery peanut brittle and many more. It is one of the mouthwatering – traditional sweets across India. These nutritious chikkis are loaded with protein and iron. Groundnut chikkis are usually prepared by blending two ingredients : peanuts and thick suyrp of jaggery. Moongphal gur patti are famous among almost all age groups. So today I’m going to share the perfect winters special sweet, moonphali gur patti recipe.
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serve: 3-4
INGREDIENTS FOR Moongphali gur patti recipe
- Jaggery – 200 Gram
- Roasted peanuts – 100 Gram
- Desi Ghee/clarified butter
HOW TO MAKE moongfali chikki at home
quick steps :
- Crush the jaggery with the help of microwave. Set the microwave on medium setting for 5 – 7 seconds and place the jaggery (microwave safe bowl)in the microwave. Take out it and press, it will break down into small pieces. You can also grate the jaggery with knife but it take a lot of time.
- Take a pan. Add peanuts to it, heat it until the peanuts turns to light golden brown in color and skin becomes flaky. Remove the skin of peanuts and split each peanuts into two parts. You can also buy roasted peanuts direct from the market.
- Take a wok/pan. Add 2 big spoon of water and crushed jaggery in it. Cook and stir it continuously at medium flame till the jageery starts to melt.
- When jaggery starts to melt, cook and stir it occasionally for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease the plate/tray with clarified butter/desi ghee. Keep it aside.
- Check whether jaggery syrup is ready or not, drop a drop of syrup in cold water. After 10 seconds, check out the drop, if it forms a solid ball, jaggery syrup is ready.
- Add roasted peanuts into the jaggery syrup and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the whole mixture into the greased plate and leave it until it comes to room temperature. Do it carefully.
- Take out the moongphali gur patti from the plate and enjoy it.
- You can store Moongphali gur patti in air tight container upto 20 days.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Preparation : The first step is grease a plate or tray with desi ghee/clarified butter for freezing the Moongphali gur patti. Keep it aside until needed.
Prepare Jaggery for syrup : Take Jaggery and grate it with the help of knife. But it takes time. So simple method is, break or crush the jaggery in microwave. Keep the jaggery piece in microwave utensil. Set it for 7 – 10 sec at medium power setting and start the microwave. Take it out and press it with your hands, the Jaggery will break or fall apart into the small pieces. As we all know microwaves varies from one another, so keep an eye on it while microwaving otherwise jaggery will melt
Roasting the peanuts : Now take a pan, add peanuts to it. Roast the peanuts, till they become crisp and light golden in color. When done, let them cool down slightly and discard the skin of peanuts by rubbing them between your palms. Peanuts should be split into two parts.
You can also roast the peanuts in a microwave. Place the peanuts in microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes on high power setting and start the microwave. Take it out and mix it well. Put it back in the microwave and cook again, until you hear the spluttering sound of peanuts. It will take about 2 – 3 minutes to cook. When done, Take out the roasted peanuts. Let them cool down slightly and remove the skin of peanuts.
Jaggery syrup : Take a wok / pan, add 2 big spoons of water to it. Add crushed jaggery to it. Turn on the gas and set the flame of gas to medium. Stir it continuously untill the jaggery starts to melt. When done, Cook it more for 10 – 15 minutes. Keep stirring occasionally to prevent Jaggery from sticking at the base of wok / pan.
After 15 min, check whether the jaggery syrup/chasni is ready or not? Take a bowl of cold water. Pour a drop of jaggery syrup into the bowl of water. Leave it for 10 seconds, If it becomes the solid ball then the jaggery syrup is ready, otherwise cook it more and check again. When done,turn off the gas and add roasted peanuts in jaggery syrup. Mix it well for 2 minutes.
Ready Steady Eat: Transfer the whole mixture into greased plate/tray. When it cools down to room temperature, take out moongphali gur patti from the plate. Enjoy this Moongphali gur patti any time with a cup of steaming tea or coffee.