Authentic Chole Recipe|How to make Chole Masala : Hello Guyss! Today we are going to learn how to make Chole. Chole are beans commonly known as white chana or kabuli chana or chickpeas. It is main course dish where boiled chickpeas are boiled and then simmered in onion-tomato gravy with masala fanfare. You can also see chole bhature, kulche chole, chole paneer recipe. So let’s start with the Chole Masala recipe.
Prep time: 30 mins | Cook time : 30 mins | Serves : 4-5
INGREDIENTS FOR Chole Masala :
- Chickpeas (Kabuli Chane) – 1/2 kg
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 2
- Green Chili – 4-5
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 3 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 2 Tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 Tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 Tsp
- Salt – 2 tsp (or to taste)
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves
HOW TO MAKE Chole
QUICK STEPS :
- Soak the chole overnight or for 5-6 hours.
- Take ½ kg chickpeas (chole) and soak it overnight or for 5-6 hours.
- The level of water should be above of the chickpeas (chole).
- Add 3 teaspoon of baking soda to it.
- Cover it.
- At morning, drain the (chickpeas) chole and wash 2-3 times with fresh water.
- Now take a pressure cooker and pour two glass of water in it. Add 2 teaspoon salt (or to taste) and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Add chickpeas (chole) to the cooker.
- Now pressure cook the chickpeas (chole) for about 5-6 whistles.
- Take 2 tomatoes and 2 onions and wash them. Now chop them finely.
- Wash and chop coriander leaves finely.
- Take a wok/kadhayi and add 2 tablespoon of oil/clarified butter to it.
- Turn on the flame of gas stove.
- Heat it and add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds to it.
- Add a pinch of asafetida and allow them to sizzle.
- Add two finely chopped onions to it and simmer it until it turns golden brown in color.
- When done, add finely chopped tomatoes and let it tender.
- Add 2 finely chopped green chilies to it. Mix well and simmer for 5-6 minutes on medium flame.
- Add grated or finely chopped ginger to it and sauté it for 3-4 minutes.
- Cover the lid and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Give a stir. Now Add spices to it.
- Add 12 teaspoon red chili powder, 2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala, 1 teaspoon chana masala (optional) to the pan. Mix it thoroughly.
- Simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- When done, add boiled chickpeas in masala(Crush or mash few chickpeas to make gravy thick).
- Mix it thoroughly and simmer for 10-15 minutes.1 glass of water and mix it.
- Rub dried fenugreek leaves between your palms and sprinkle on the chole.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves to it for garnishing.
- Our spicy chole is ready now.
- Serve hot with chapatti, rice, puri, naan or bhature and enjoy.
Leave a Reply