Murmura namkeen recipe – This namkeen is also popular as Laiya Namkeen, Murmura Chiwda, Puffed Rice Namkeen. It is one of my favorite tea-time snack which can be easily prepared in your kitchen with basic ingredients. This nutritious low fat snack is very popular in India, especially in Maharashtra and Karnataka. So now I’m going to share this crispy,tasty and healthy Murmure Namkeen recipe with you, this toothsome Murmura Namkeen formula helps kids to forget about the junk food.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serve: 10
INGREDIENTS FOR Murmura namkeen
- Murmura/puffed rice – 150 Gram
- Peanuts – 50 Gram
- Dry Chopped coconut
- Makhana/Lotus Seeds
- Dried Mango powder (amchoor)
- Red Chili powder
- Cumin Seeds powder
- Garam Masala
- Turmeric Powder
- Black Mustard seeds (rai)
- Black Salt
- Curry leaves
- Oil/Desi Ghee
HOW TO MAKE murmura namkeen
quick steps :
- Take a wok/heavy bottomed vessel.
- Add 1 big spoon of oil in it. Turn on the gas and heat it.
- Crackle 1 small spoon Mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves in it and heat it for few seconds at simmer.
- Add peanuts and saute for few seconds. Add a small bowl of dry coconut slices and saute for a minute. Now add Makhana and roast all ingredients till they appears light golden brown in color.
- Add 1 small spoon of turmeric powder, garam masala, cumin seed powder, amchoor, salt and black salt in it. Add 11/2 spoon of red chili powder, you can increase or decrease the amount of red chili powder as per your taste. Mix well.
- Add murmura in it, mix all ingredients thoroughly and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Crispy Murmura Namkeen/Chiwada is ready. Enjoy it with a cup of coffee/tea.
- You can store Murmura namkeen in air tight container upto 20 days.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Preparation : The first step is, chop dry coconut in a small bowl. One small bowl is enough for 150 grams of murmura. But you can increase the quantity of chopped coconut as per your taste. Keep it aside until needed. Clean Murmura, Makhana and Peanuts. Wash Curry leaves in running water, shake off the extra water and take out leaves from stem. Take a tadka pan, add 2 spoon of cumin seeds in it. Roast the cumin seeds till they light golden brown in color and then make powder of it.
Roast the Ingredients : Take a wok/deep bottomed vessel. Add 1 big spoon of oil in it and heat it. When Done, turn the gas flame to sim/low. Add 1 spoon mustard seeds and curry leaves in it. Fry them for few seconds, then add peanuts in it. Fry peanuts for a while, add makhana and chopped coconuts in it. Fry all ingredients till they appear light golden brown in color. When all ingredients roasted well, Add 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp cumin seed pwder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black salt, 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder and 1 tsp dried mango powder (Amchoor) in it. Mix all the ingredients well. When done, Add Murmura in it. Mix all Ingredients well and saute for 5 minutes more.
Ready Steady Eat: Yummy-crispy tea-time snack, murmura namkeen is ready. You can store it upto 15 – 20 days in the air tight container.