Sabudana Kheer Recipe – Tapioca Kheer Recipe – Sabudana kheer is very easy, healthy and sweet recipe made with Sugar, Milk, Cardamom and Tapioca pearls ( Sabudana). It is more easy and healthier than Rice Kheer, and most important you can eat in your fast to gain energy. It is also known as Sago Kheer. So it can be one of your favorite dish like sabudana Vada, Aloo Kheer, Vrat wala Namkeen during navratri festival or other fasting or vrat days. It is also very healthy food for 1 years + kids. So let’s start.
Prep time: 20 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves : 3 – 4
INGREDIENTS FOR Sabudana Kheer recipe
- 1/2 Kg Full Cream Milk
- 1 cup Sabudana or Tapioca pearls
- Sugar to taste
- Dry Fruit
- Cardamom (Ilayachi) Powder : 2 Big
- Saffron (Optional)
HOW TO MAKE sabudana kheer
quick steps :
- Soak 1 Cup Sabudana or Tapioca Pearls in water for 2 hours.
- Boil the Milk at medium flame. Boil it until it reduces to 30% and become thick. The consistency of the milk will become thick.
- When done, Add Soaked Sabudana (Tapioca pearls) in the milk.
- Stir it and cook for 10 minutes. Keep stirring for every 1 to 2 minutes. This is to prevent milk and Sabudana from catching at the bottom.
- After 10 minutes, Sabudana pearls should have blended well in milk. Once the Sabudana Kheer becomes thick, Add pieces of dry fruit, cardamom powder and 1/4 cup of sugar ( or as per your taste) in it.
- Keep stirring it for two to three minutes more at low flame.
- Turn off the gas and leave it for 2 – 3 minutes.
- OPTIONAL : After two – three minutes; add Saffron or Kewra or vanilla essence in it for delectable taste and fragrance. And Mix it Properly. You can skip this step, I usually prefer to add some essence in it to change the smell of sabudana, as my family members don’t like the smell of it.
- Sabudana Kheer or Tapioca / Sago Kheer is ready. Garnish it with Cardamom (Ilaichi) Powder or chopped almonds, pistachios or saffron flakes. Serve it hot or cold as per your wish. Click here to know about more vrat recipes in India.