Aloo Ki Kheer – Potato Kheer Recipe – Potato kheer is very easy and sweet recipes which is definitely please kids as well as adults. And Most Important thing is you can eat aloo or Potato kheer even in your fast which gives you strength and important nutrients as it is rich with dry fruits too. You can enjoy healthy potato kheer with regular sabudana vada, Khichdi, Vrat wala Namkeen in festive or Navratri Season. You can also serve Aloo ki kheer during a meal or as a dessert.
Prep time: 20 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves : 3 – 4
INGREDIENTS FOR ALOO ki KHEER
- 1/2 Kg Full Cream Milk
- 2 Boiled Potatoes
- Sugar to taste
- Dry Fruits
- Cardamom (Ilayachi) Powder : 2 Big
- Saffron (Optional)
HOW TO MAKE Aloo ki kheer
quick steps :
- Boil two potatoes in a pressure cooker until 2 whistles.
- After potatoes are boiled, peel skin and mash them with your clean hands or with potato masher.
- Boil the Milk at medium flame. Boil it until it reduces to 30% and become thick. The consistency of the milk will become thick.
- When done, Add Mashed Potatoes, 2 Big spoons of sugar (in hindi chamche) and cardamom powder in the milk.
- Stir it and cook for 10 minutes. Keep stirring for every 1 to 2 minutes. This is to prevent milk and potatoes from catching at the bottom.
- Meanwhile, cut the dry fruit in small pieces.
- After 10 minutes, Aloo kheer is nearly ready. Potatoes should have blended well in milk. Once the potato kheer becomes thick, Add pieces of dry fruits in it. Turn off the gas and leave it for 2 – 3 minutes.
- OPTIONAL : After two – three minutes; add Saffron or Kewra essence in it for delectable taste and fragrance. And Mix it Properly.
- Aloo ki kheer or Potato Kheer is ready. Garnish it with Cardamom (Ilaichi) Powder or chopped almonds, pistachios or saffron flakes. Serve it hot or cold as per your wish. More Special recipes for Vrat.