Mixed Vegetable Soup recipe is easy and quick recipe. It taste good and at the same time it is healthy for all age groups. Today we’ll learn how to make healthy mixed vegetable soup which requires less number of ingredients. This delectable soup gives warmth and energy in lazy winters. The best part of this recipe is you can make your own version of vegetable soup at home with the options of vegetables that are there in your refrigerator. You can enjoy it plain or also serves with bread crutons. So let’s start to make this simple and healthy homemade Vegetable soup recipe.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves : 2
INGREDIENTS FOR MIXED VEGETABLE SOUP recipe
- Spinach leaves ( 7 – 8 leaves)
- 5 carrots
- 1 Turnip & 1 Beetroot
- 2 Tomatoes
- Cumin Seed Powder
- Homemade Garam Masala
- Black Salt
HOW TO MAKE easy homemade VEGETABLE SOUP
quick steps :
- Rinse and wash all vegetables : carrots, spinach leaves, turnip, beetroot and tomatoes.
- Peel to avoid pesticide residue and Finely chop all the vegetables.
- Take a pressure pan or cooker, add chopped vegetables in it. Pour 3/4 spoon of white salt and a glass of water in it.
- Boil the vegetables at medium flame for 10 minutes ( 2 whistles).
- When done, leave it for few minutes. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Strain the vegetable soup with the help of steel strainer. Press and mash the vegetables nicely with the back of a ladle to extract the juice of vegetables. Do it carefully as the vegetables and cooker are hot. You can also blend the remaining vegetable solids with the help of blender and mix it in the vegetable soup, but here i am not going to add it in soup as my family members don’t like it.
- Add half table spoon of roasted cumin powder, 1/4 spoon of garam masala and 1/4 spoon of black salt in it.
- Stir it well and Serve Hot.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Preparation : Take half spoon of cumin seeds and roast them. Make the powder of roasted cumin seeds. Wash each and every vegetable. Washing will help remove bacteria, Soil and other unwanted particles from the surface of vegetables. Generally people just washed and boil the vegetables, but I prefer to peel them first to avoid pesticide residue.
Cooking: Take a Pressure cooker and finely chop all the vegetables in it. Pressure cookers are great for making vegetable soup quickly while also retaining the vitamins and minerals that can be lost when vegetables are boiled using other methods. So, add the vegetables, 3/4 spoon of salt and a glass of water in it. Cover it. Turn on the gas, set at the medium flame and cook the vegetables for 10 minutes or until two whistles.
Prepare Soup: After 10 minutes, turn off the gas. Do not open the lid of cooker, allow the steam to escape itself. Strain the soup with the help of strainer carefully as the cooker and vegetables are extremely hot. With the help of ladle extract the soup from the vegetables solids, by pressing and mashing the vegetables. You can also use the remaining vegetable solid by blending and mixing it in the soup.
Ready Steady Drink: Add 1/2 spoon of roasted cumin powder, 1/4 spoon of garam masala and black salt in the soup. Stir it thoroughly. Serve it hot, with buttery garlic breads, steamed rice or momos, or noodles. Mixed vegetables soup is great source of vitamins so you can give it to patients too for energy.