Moong Dal Paneer Stuffed Chilla – So tell me are you bored by eating same kind of stuff every day? Today I have come up with a new recipe that will add to your menu list. Its “Moong Dal Paneer Stuffed Chilla”. It’s a round shape chilla with paneer stuffing inside. The best thing about it is that it’s very light, crispy and yummy to eat. A perfect dinner item. This mouth watering dish can be made by using easily available ingredients and you can have it with tamarind chutney. You will definitely love it! So do give it a try!
Prep time: 20-30 mins | Cook time: 20-30 mins | Serves : 4-5
INGREDIENTS FOR moong dal paneer stuffed Chilla
- Split Moong Lentils without skin ( yellow moong dal) – 250 gm
- Cottage Cheese
- Clarified Butter
- Salt – To taste
- Cumin Seeds –1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 2 tsp (or to taste)
- Carom Seeds – ½ tsp(or to taste)
- Chaat Masala – ½ tsp
- Coriander Leaves
HOW TO MAKE CHILLA stuffed with paneer
QUICK STEPS :
- For batter-
- Take a bowl and add 250 gm moong lentils to it.
- Add water to it and blend it till it takes the form of a smooth batter.
- Avoid lumps.
- Add salt (to taste), 1 tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp carom seeds and mix it well.
- Keep it aside.
- For Filling-
- Grate the cottage cheese.
- Take a pan and add ½ tsp clarified butter to it.
- Heat it and add ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Let it sizzle.
- Now add grated or crumbled cottage cheese to the pan.
- Add ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp chaat masala and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix it well and sauté it for 4-5 minutes.
- Filling is ready.
- Now take a flat skillet or tawa and heat it.
- Grease it with clarified butter and pour a ladleful of the batter.
- Spread the batter evenly on it.
- Now spread ½ tsp clarified butter around the chilla’s batter.
- Let the chilla cook till it turns golden brown in color.
- Flip it over and again add some clarified butter.
- Now put the filling on the chilla and spread it.
- Now fold the chilla length wise tightly.
- Moong Dal Paneer Stuffed Chilla is ready now. Serve it hot.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Preparation : Take 250 gm split moong lentils without skin (yellow moong dal). If possible, soak the lentils for 2-3 hours to make the chilla batter smoother. Meanwhile, grate the cottage cheese or just crumble it properly. Now blend the lentils, add water if needed. Keep the consistency of batter as of pancake. Avoid lumps. When done, add spices to the batter and you can also add onion and tomato to the batter if you want. Add salt (to taste), 1 tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp cumin seeds, and ½ tsp carom seeds and mix it thoroughly. Batter is ready now. Keep it aside.
Prepare Filling : Take a non–stick pan and heat it. Add ½ tsp clarified butter and let it melt. Add ½ tsp of cumin seeds and allow them to sizzle. Now add grated cottage cheese to the pan. Add spices – ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp chaat masala. Also add finely chopped coriander leaves and fenugreek leaves (optional). Mix it well and sauté the filling for 4-5 minutes. Cover it and keep it aside.
Prepare Chilla : Take a flat skillet or tawa and grease it with little oil/clarified butter. Now take a ladleful of batter and spread it evenly in circularly outward motion. Let the chilla cook on medium flame and add little amount of oil/clarified butter around the chilla and let it goes under the chilla. With the help of knife, make a hole between the chilla and add little oil/clarified butter. Now flip it over and again add oil. Cook it till it turns golden brown in color. When done, put the filling on the chilla and spread it with the help of ladle. Now fold the chilla length wise tightly. Turn off the flame and put the chilla on tissue paper to drain extra oil. Your delicious Moong Dal Paneer Stuffed Chilla is ready now. Serve it hot with tamarind chutney and enjoy.
Garnishing : Garnish it with some grated cottage cheese and coriander leaves.