Aloo Sandwich Recipe – Potato Sandwich Recipe – Are you feeling hungry? Don’t know what to eat? Don’t worry guyzz.. . Here I come up with a new and easy recipe once again. This any time snack can be prepared with ingredients that are easily available in our kitchen or refrigerator. We all love sandwiches whether it is a veggie sandwich or a cheesy sandwich, depends on the taste of the person. But an Indian food lover can never say no to this sandwich. Today, we are going to make sandwich in an Indian style by adding potato and Indian tadka to it. You can have it with tea/coffee or chutney in evening/morning or anytime. You are going to love it. You can also use leftover aloo ki sabji instead of making aloo mixture. So let’s start with this quick and easy recipe.
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves : 4-5
INGREDIENTS FOR aloo sandwich recipe
- Potatoes – 4-5
- Green Chili – 4-5
- Onion – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chaat Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Clarified Butter/Oil
- White bread
- Coriander Leaves
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
HOW TO MAKE Heart shaped aloo sandwich
QUICK STEPS :
- Boil 4-5 potatoes and mash them.
- Add finely chopped onions to it.
- Add Finely chopped coriander leaves and 4-5 finely chopped green chilies.
- Add 1/2 tsp red chili powder, 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp chaat masala, 1/4 tsp dry mango powder(amchur) to the mashed potatoes.
- Mix them thoroughly.
- Now take a bread slice and spread the mixture evenly on it.
- Cover it with another bread slice.
- Now take a pan and heat it.
- Grease the pan with little amount of clarified butter/oil.
- Now toast the sandwich till it turns golden brown in color.
- Drizzle little clarified butter/oil on the sides of sandwich to make it more crispier.
- Flip it over to the other side.
- Cook on medium flame. Flip it again and add some more clarified butter/oil.
- When done, slice the sandwich diagonally or as you wish.
- Serve hot with green or red chutney.
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Preparation : Take 3-4 potatoes and wash them. Boil them and drain and cool. Remove the skin of potatoes and mash them properly. Take an onion and chop it finely. Take a bunch of coriander leaves and wash them properly. Chop them finely. Take 4-5 green chilies and chop them finely. If you are fond of spicy food, you can add more chili.
Prepare Potato mixture : Add finely chopped onion to the mixture. Now add spices – 1/2 tsp red chili powder, 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp chaat masala, 1/4 tsp dry mango powder(amchur) to the mashed potatoes. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and avoid lumps. Add 1/2 tsp lemon juice to the mixture if you want. Add finely chopped green chilies and finely chopped coriander leaves to it. Taste to check salt and add more if required.
Prepare Sandwich : Take a slice of a white bread and spread the potato mixture evenly on it. Cover it with another bread slice. Press it slightly so that sandwich gets sealed. Do the same with rest. Now take a non-stick pan. Turn on the flame and heat it. Drizzle some clarified butter/oil to it and put the sandwich on it. Shallow fry the sandwich on medium flame and spread little amount of clarified butter/oil on the sides of sandwich till it turns golden brown in color or gets crispy. Flip it over and toast the another side. It will take 2-3 minutes. Flip the sandwich 4-5 times to make it crispier. When done, Slice the sandwich diagonally or as you wish. Put the sandwich on tissue paper so that it observes extra oil.
Fitness freaks or people who like low oily food, can also make the sandwich in sandwich maker. So that they don’t have to compromise with the taste for their health.
Garnishing : Garnish it with grated cheese, coriander leaves, green and red chutney. Serve hot with tea or with soft drink. Enjoy…