Matar Paneer Recipe | Punjabi Style Mutter Paneer : Paneer is known as cottage cheese in English and in northern parts of India known as Chenna. It is an ancient dairy product and you can also prepare it at home. It is easy to digest and a high protein food.It is rich in protein, fat, minerals and carbohydrates. Also high in calcium which helps in building strong bones and avoid bones related problems. Women should add paneer in their diet chart because it is useful for bones and helps in reducing weight. And very interesting thing about paneer is that it prevents your body from cancer. It is also a substitute of meat for vegetarians. We can make variety of dishes with the help of tasty yet healthy paneer like panner roll, palak paneer, kadayi paneer, paneer tikka, chilli paneer, paneer pakoda (paneer fritters), paneer cutlet, paneer samosa, paneer pizza, paneer fruit salad, paneer chilla, paneer butter masala, saag paneer, shahi paneer and etc.. Today, many of international fast food restaurants in India offering paneer products to attract customers as it is favorite among children.Today we are going to make delicious matar paneer . Matar Paneer Recipe is a very simple and quick recipe.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves: 4-5
INGREDIENTS FOR Matar Paneer Recipe :
- Paneer Cubes(Cottage Cheese)- 500G
- Boiled Peas – 1 Bowl
- Chopped Onions – 2
- Tomato Puree – 2
- Finely chopped green chilli – 1
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 Tsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Water – 1 Cup
- Cream – 2 Tbsp
- Bay leaf – 2
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tsp
- Red chili powder – 1.5 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 Tsp
- Asafoetida – Pinch
- Coriander Leaves – To Taste
- Fenugreek Leaves – To Taste
- Salt – To Taste
HOW TO MAKE MATAR PANEER ?
Quick Steps :
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in pan and add 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds, 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida, 2 Bay leaf, 2 finely chopped Onions and ginger garlic paste to it.
- Add 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds, 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida, 2 Bay leaf 2 finely chopped Onions and ginger garlic paste to it.
- Add 1 chopped Green Chili and 2 Tomato puree to it.
- Now add 1.5 Tsp Red chilli powder, Salt (to taste), 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala, 1 Tsp Coriander powder, 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder and mix it.
- Pour the water and cover it for 4-5 minutes .
- Mix it well.
- Add Fenugreek leaves, Boiled Peas, 2 Tbsp Cream (or to taste) and mix it.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes and add Paneer Cubes (Cottage Cheese).
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish it with Coriander leaves
- Serve Hot
BRIEF COOKING PROCESS :
Step 1 : Wash and chop cottage cheese into small dices. Peel peas or you can also use frozen packed peas. Boil the peas. Chop onions finely. Now take a pan and add 2 Tbsp oil and let it heat . After that add 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds, 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida, 2 Bay leaf and allow them to sizzle. Now add 2 finely chopped Onions and ginger garlic paste to it and mix it well, simmer for 4-5 minutes until onions appears golden in color. When onion turns golden add tomato puree to it immediately.
Step 2 : This is the time for spices add 1.5 Tsp Red chilli powder, Salt (to taste), 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala, 1 Tsp Coriander powder, 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder and mix it well. Pour the water and cover it for 4-5 minutes . Take dried fenugreek leaves and rub between your palm till it turn to powder and sprinkle it on the curry.
Step 3 : Now add Boiled Peas and 2 Tbsp Cream (or to taste) . Mix it well, cover it and simmer for 5-7 minutes on medium flame . After the peas cooked for 5 minutes, add Paneer Cubes (Cottage Cheese). Mix it and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Garnish it with Coriander leaves . Serve Hot .
Ready to eat : MATAR PANEER is ready to be served with hot chapattis, rice or Naan .