Dahi Papdi Chaat Recipe | Delhi Chaat Recipe : Dahi papdi chaat is one of the famous and mouthwatering chaat recipe from North India. It is popular because you can get different flavor, like sweetness of tamarind chutney and curd, sourness of green chutney, spiciness of Indian chaat masalas or garam masala and crispiness of papdi and sev in one plate. So if you are chaat lover, you can make this crowd pleasing recipe in home with the simple-basic ingredients and amaze your guests by serving this popular dahi aloo papdi chaat before the dinner or lunch. It is delicious, easy, economical and definitely healthy recipe. So, let’s begin and learn this recipe step by step.
Prep time: 5 – 10 mins | Cook time: 5 mins (if papdi is ready)
INGREDIENTS FOR Dahi Papdi Chaat Recipe | Delhi Chaat Recipe :
- White Salt
- Black Salt
- Garam Masala
- Roasted Cumin Seed Powder
- Red Chilli Powder
- Boiled Chickpeas
- Boiled Potatoes
- Red Chutney (Sweet tamarind chutney)
- Green Chutney (sauce)
**There are no measurements of ingredients for dahi aloo chaat recipe. The ingredients or toppings can be increased or decreased as per your preferences.
HOW TO MAKE Dahi Papdi Chaat Recipe
STEP- By- step :
- Peel the boiled potato and cut it into cubes. You can also crumble the potatoes lightly.
- Dip papdi in curd, usually one plate consists five to six papdis. You can buy the Papdi from market or can also make them at home. We are using Golgappas (which are not puffed) papdi here, for more details : Golgappa recipe.
- Arrange, all dipped papdi on the plate and pour more curd on them. You can also sweetened the curd with sugar, if sweet tamarind chutney is not available in your home.
- When done, drizzle Red sweet tamarind chutney and Green chutney on top of it.
- Spread Potato cubes and chickpeas on it.
- Top it with more Curd/Yogurt/Dahi. Again, add little of Red sweet tamarind chutney and Green chutney on top of it as per your taste.
- Sprinkle a pinch or two of salt, black salt, garam masala, roasted cumin seed powder and red chilli powder as according to your taste. (you can also add little chaat masala to it.)
- Garnish with Sev (kind of namkeen) or mint or coriander leaves and serve immediately to maintain the crispiness of papdis. If you left papdis in curd the papdis become soggy.
To make it more TASTY and healthy :
Sprouted Moong beans : Steam and cook the sprouted moong beans with salt. When done, drain them and keep it aside. After topping with Potatoes and chickpeas, spread sprouted moong beans on the papdis. Sprouted moong beans make this chaat more healthy. You can also buy sprouted moong beans from market but I always prefer to make it in home.
Chop Onions and Tomatoes : Finely chop the onions, tomatoes, coriander and mint leaves, to give the more flavors to chaat. After Sprinkle Masalas topping with chopped onions and tomatoes, and lastly sprinkle chaat masala again on them. When each and everything is done, add chopped coriander leaves or mint leaves on the top of the Chaat.
Few Drops of Lemon Juice : If you are Sour lover, add few drops of lemon juice, just before the Serving.
How to make papri :
INGREDIENTS (10 – 12 People) :
- 1 Cup Maida (Fine Flour)
- Oil or Ghee
- Salt to taste
Step 1 : Take a big bowl or Paraat, add Maida, salt and oil. Mix them thoroughly. Slowly add water and knead it to make smooth dough. When done, cover it with damp cloth and leave aside for 15 minutes. You can also learn how to knead dough for chapatis or roti.
Step 2 : After 15 minutes, knead the dough for 1 minute again and make small balls. Roll out small thin rotis with the balls and make few holes in the roti with the help of knife. You can also make rotis as same as the golgappa procedure with the help of bottle cap and then make few holes or dent in roti with the help of knife.
Step 3 : Set the flame of gas to medium high and heat the oil or ghee for deep fry. When oil is ready or hot, place the rotis and fry them on both side till the golden brown in color. Remove it on absorbent paper or tissue.
Step 4 : Cool and Store them in air tight container.