Chole paneer masala recipe : Paneer Chole is one of the most popular Appetizingly mouthwatering dish of Punjabi cuisine. The dish is definitely different from other chole recipes because of paneer’s flavor and one of the favorite dishes of my kids. Chole paneer masala is also ideal for high blood pressure people, because of tomatoes and potassium-rich chole, and also known as Chana Paneer Masala. It is one of the easiest recipe or curry and can be eat with bhature, rice, chapatis etc.
Prep time: 20 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serving: 4-5
INGREDIENTS FOR chole paneer masala recipe
- Soaked Chickpeas : 250 Gram
- Paneer : 250 Gram
- 2 Big Tomatoes
- 4 Green Chilli
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 Big Onions
- 2 Garlic Buds
- Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilli Powder
- Black Salt
- Dry Coriander Powder
- Chole Masala
- Mixture of 1 big cardamom, 4 cloves and 8 – 10 pepper
- Oil or Refined
HOW TO MAKE chole paneer masala
- Soak chick peas for a night or for minimum 8 to 10 hours. After it drain the water and wash chickpeas.
- After soaking boil the chickpeas in four glass of water with one spoon of salt, for 25 minutes. (don’t waste the water of boiled chick peas, keep it aside and remove chickpeas from water in bowl)
- Slice paneer or cottage cheese in cubes.
- Make paste of 2 big tomatoes, 4 green chilli and 1 inch piece of ginger with the help of mixer or grinder. Let us name it paste 1.
- Make paste of 2 big onions and 2 buds garlic with the help of mixer or grinder. Let us name it paste 2.
- Heat 2 big spoon oil or refined in the pan and fry the cottage cheese or paneer pieces in it on low-medium flame until they are light golden brown in color.
- When done, take out all pieces of paneer and add half spoon of turmeric powder and stir it for 5 – 10 seconds in the same oil or refined.
- Add paste 1 and paste 2, 3 spoons of dry coriander powder, 1/2 spoon of amchoor, 1 spoon of white salt, 1 spoon of black salt, 2 spoons of red chilli powder, Mixture(of 1 big cardamom, 4 cloves and 8 – 10 pepper) and 1 big spoon of chola Masala.
- Mix well and fry for five to six minutes at medium flame.
- When done, add boiled chickpeas in masala.(Crush or mash few chickpeas to make gravy thick)
- Add fried paneer and stir it well.
- Add water in which chick peas boiled( for reference checkout step 2), stir it, cover it and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. If needed then add more water.
- After 5 – 7 minutes chickpeas will be soft, Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves or kasoori methi.
- Chole paneer recipe is ready, serve hot with chapatis, rice or bhature and for more taste and flavor, you can also serve it with onion slices, green chilies and lemon.